Christine Daaé

Christine above

In this story, I will place subtle hints as to who Christine is and if you've seen the show, you will know. Comment if you know!

delancey_delacroix

Humming, I shuffled to the left of stage and flattened my greying hair down. Even in my old age, I was still a star, loved by all who loved broadway. "Christine!" someone yelled, "Christine, we're starting dress rehearsal in five!"

"Ok!" I yelled back and got into my first position behind Meg, who still danced in my shows, even after all that time. Suddenly, the music started and the red curtains swung open to reveal an empty audience except for the directors and the other men and women who were working on this show. 

The cue for me to sing began and I opened my mouth and let the music take over. My Angel of Music was still there, he never left. Even when I left him down in his dark, dungeons with his ring and his little music-box. Masquerade, paper faces on parade. Hide your face so the world will never find you.

I suddenly felt faint, all I could see was his mask, his face, his music. My Angel, my angel of music. 

"Miss Christine!" Dylan, my director rushed to me and slung one of my arms around his shoulders, "Miss, you need to sit down, get some fresh air!" I nodded and let Dylan help me out the stage door and onto a park bench. 

"Thank you, Dylan. I will be fine on my own," I said and he nodded and left, the stage door slamming behind him. On my bench I could see across the green field for miles but the couple closest to me was the one I focused on. He was a tall young man with dark hair and piercing green eyes and the girl was also tall, though not as tall as him with gorgeous blonde hair and a marvelous figure that I would have killed for when I started in broadway. 

"Annabeth," I heard him say, his voice was nervous.

The girl- Annabeth smiled and grabbed his hands, "yes Percy?" 

Percy fumbled around in his pocket of his jumper and brought out a velvet box. Annabeth gasped and coveredher mouth with her hands.  "Annabeth Chase, I've known you since you were twelve-years-old and taller than me-" Annabeth giggled, "and you've saved my life countless times. You've made me happier than anyone else and I hope you can say the same for me. I don't know how many times you've said yes to all my stupid plans that almost always get us killed but I was hoping you'd say yes to one more." Percy knelt down onto one knee and open the box. From my bench I saw the sparkles from the ring. "Annabeth, will you make me the happiest demigod alive by becoming my wife?" 

Tears ran down Annabeth's cheeks and she nodded enthusiastically, "yes! Yes, yes, yes, Seaweed Brain!" She threw her arms around him and unprepared, his leg gave way and they tumbled to the ground. They lay motionless in each others arms, looking up at the sky. As I was about to get up, I heard one last thing.

"We're staying together," vowed Annabeth quietly, "you're not getting away from me. Never again."

Just like my Angel will always be with me, I knew that now but I could finally let go.