Early Start

This story takes place 40 years before the War of the Ring. I do not own any of the characters appart from Ria. Hope you enjoy.

Ria's eyes fluttered opened. It was early the sun hadn't even risen over the hills of Rivendell. "Uh, curse my instincts", she murmured. She plodded over to the bowl filled with water and splashed some water on her face. Feeling refreshed and awake she headed over to her wardrobe and chose a white shirt and brown trousers. She pulled her hair into a braid, shoved on her boots and taking her notebook walked out of the room. Standing in the dimly lit corridor not to sure what to do she decided to go and watch the sun rise.

Sitting on the grass she watched as the golden sun rose over the Rivendell hills. She'd seen it many times before but it still seemed to amaze her. she remembered coming up here as a child or cub as her people would call her at that age. as the light reached her she opened her notebook and began to draw. The notebook was given to her on her 11th birthday by Lord Elrond after she turned as the elves called it. She had documented everything there was she knew about being wolfblood (or child of the moon as the elves called her) from the two canine teeth in her mouth to the colour of her fur. right now she was doing a diagram of her eyes before she wolfed out as she called it. after another 30 minutes she packed up and started to run back to Rivendell. Best thing about being a wolfblood she thought to herself as she ran. As she came through the gates she slowed down. She then headed to her room. On the way she bumped into Linder, "I'm so sorry, please forgive me my lord" she stuttered. "Ria just the person I was looking for" smiled Linder. "Lord Elrond wants to see you", "Awww I was just going to get some breakfast" she groaned. "Well you better go and see what he wants" he said.

She nodded and hurried off. Her best bet was the library so she decided to go there. She knocked on the door and entered. Lord Elrond was sitting looking at an old map with old inscriptions on it. As she entered he looked up. "ah Ria good to see you I assume Linder found you" he asked. "yes lord Elrond he told me you wanted to speak with me" she replied, " I assume you know the full moons in 5 days?" he asked. She rolled her eyes "Yes of course I'm aware why wouldn't I be". Lord elrond smiled his eyes then fell on the notebook she was clutching. "Do you mind if I read over your notebook" he said. "No of course not"she replied politely. His eyes skimmed over her notes and diagrams he stopped on her final entry of the eyes. "How were you able to copy so pricily?" He asked. She shrugged " I just used a mirror and was able to copy the colour". He returned the notebook to her "keep it up" he then smiled "now I think you'd brtter go and get some breakfast" before she left he said "and change into something more feminine" she laughed as she walked back one of the many things they disagreed about now. What are they serving for breakfast she thought sniffing.

Soooo... what do you think let me know is it good/bad let me know. Sorry if there are some mistakes let me know.