A Kiss

It took us less than 2 days to reach dol gordol. We stood outside the fortress. The sky was black but it was still day. "I sense something. A shield of some sorts" I murmmered to gandalf who was standing next to me. "There's dark magic at work here" he replied. Lord Elrond rode over to us. He got off his horse and said "something doesn't feel right". I nodded.

Suddenly a loud growl was heard. An army of goblins and orcs marched towards us. They stopped close to us but leaving a gap between the two sides. The army parted to let a black rider through.

"Well I thought you might be here a little earlier but it doesn't matter". He looked along the front line as if he was looking for someone. His eyes rested on me and he gave me an evil grin as if he knew something that I didn't. "Kaleb isn't it. Can I just say it was amusing watching you through Ria's memories". A snarl escaped my lips "what have you done to her". He smiled "I'd say reducation. But hey mabey you'd like to find out more" he teased. With that comment he let out a loud whistle. A wolf emerged from the army of orcs and goblins.

The wolf changed and there stood Ria. She stood there for a moment frowning until the black rider gave another shrill whistle, she winced and walked calmly towards him. I felt like howling in sorrow, we were too late.

I stepped forward a few steps "Ria" I said trying to keep calm. She looked at me confused "do I know you? " she asked. "He's the one that I told you about the cat amongst the pigeons" the black rider said smoothly. She snarled at me. I frowned what did he mean cat amongst the pigeons "the one who's been lying to you the whole time". The black veins were starting to show on her face and neck. "Ria, I don't want to hurt you" I said trying to reassure her. She smiled "that's a shame because I really want to hurt you".

Something in the air changed. She'd thrown up a force field but not to protect us but to seal us in where nobody could intervene. I turned round to walk back to my side to test the boundaries. I walked about 25 steps before I hit a solid wall. I turned round to face her. "Ria please you need to listen to me. Remember that time in lothlorin when I told you about how I felt about you. You need to focus on that memory please" I pleaded. "I can't remember it" she stated and in that moment I saw a vunerability in her. A vunerability that I could use to my advantage. "What do you remember then" I asked. 'Nothing appart from waking up a few days ago and master telling me that I'd been rescued" she said. I shivered I hated her using that word 'master' it made her sound like a mindless slave. "So why do you trust him so much" I asked. She didn't say anything and a look of confusion darted across her face. "I don't remember anything about you either. "I don't know who of you to trust."

I walked up to her until there was no space between us "then rember this" I said. And with those words I kiss her firmly on the lips.

She stepped back her eyes shut veins showing but a smile on her face. She fell and I swiftly caught her. The sheild was gone lord Elrond and gandalf ran towards us. Ria had her eyes open and they were flickering side to side, there was a smile on her lips. "Whats happening" I asked them. "I think she's remembering" said gandalf. "When two hearts stand as one the strength of evil is as good as none" murmured lord Elrond.