Radagast The Brown

They left gondor the next morning paying the Innkeeper on the way out. We rode for mirkwood forest hoping to learn more about our kind from radagast the brown another member of the istari. When we got to mirkwood forest we stopped for a short meal.

"We'll need to be careful. If we get captured by the wood elves we're in a lot of trouble. Apparently thrandil the elven king isn't very fond of wolfbloods. But we should be okay we're not going to take the elven road" I said chewing on some lembas bread. "But that's the safest path" argued kaleb frowning. "Yes but it'll take longer to get to radagast the brown" I reasoned. Shrugging kaleb said "okay. So what do you know about this radagast" . I frowned the truth was I didn't know much "well apart from being a member of the istari all I really know is that he's a gentle soul who prefers the company of animals so he might want to see us in wolf form" I say.

We enter the woods cautiously with Brooke at our heels. The forest feels weird. The air is heavy and the trees have a sad feeling about them. We bravely trek on through the forest for about 1 hour until we come to a house. It looks odd with a tree coming out of the roof but all around there is animals. I don't know what to do should I knock. Shrugging I confidentiality march up to the door and taking a deep breath knock. I hear scuttling and as kaleb comes and stands next to me the door opens. A man wearing a brown robe with messy hair points a staff at us. "Well what do you want?" He asks. "Um we're friends of gandalf the grey. He said we might get some answers from you about our kind" I stutter. He looks at me and says " and what are you then. You look like men but there's something different about you". I take a deep breath but before I can answer kaleb says " we're wolfbloods or children of the moon as we're more commonly known". Radagasts face charges from suspicion to surprise. "But I thought you were all killed. How did you survive? Friends of gandalf the grey you say come in come in I'm sure you have a story to tell" he says.

He shows us in to the cottage and we're told to sit on the table. "Well why don't you start by telling me your names" he says. "I'm Ria and this is kaleb" I say indicating to kaleb. "So how did you survive" he asks. We exchange glances and kaleb. "I was found in the river Duncan by men. I was raised by them for 11 years until I changed. I then lived by myself in the wild until about 4 months ago when Ria caught my sent and chased after me. I stayed in lothlorin for 3 months until we were given permission to head off into the wild together. We went to gondor for information about wolfbloods or children of the moon as most people call us. And now we're here" he says. Radagast then turned to me "whats your story" he asked. "Well I was found in the river dean by elves. I stayed in rivendell for about 14 years until I was moved to lothlorin and the I met kaleb and then we went off into the wild the rest he's already told you" she said. "Your storys are soo similar but also so different." States radagast "so what brings you here". "We were wondering if you had any notes on children of the moon that we could write down" she asked looking at him hopefully. He smiled "I've got a few notes let me get them". He gave them a stack of notes. "You ca keep them. They'll be more use to you than they'll ever be to me" he said kindly. "Thank you so much" said kaleb. "I was wondering could I please meet your wolves I'm intrigued" asked radagast. "Sure but we're probably best doing it outside.

We walk outside. I transform first and kaleb follows radagast strokes our fur and sighs. "Child of the moon fur softest fur there is". We spend another five minutes in wolf form and then we change back. "Thank you " he says smiling. "You'd best be of it takes about another 2 hours till you get to the other side of the woods. We smile as we are waved off by him. "He seemed nice" says kaleb as we walk off.