Fighting-wolf style

The six days went by slowly. Kaleb visited me everyday. But when I was alone I was utterly board. There was nothing to do but sit, read, doodle and work on my notes. By the sixth day I was officially going crazy. On the seventh day when I was finally released I wasn't to sure what do. I couldn't practice shooting because of the missing bow and arrows so there was nothing to do but walk around.

After lunch Kaleb suggested we go to the arena. I agreed so off we went. We practiced knife throwing for 30 minutes but it got boring. Kaleb saw my board expression and suggested packing up. I agreed. As we packed up we watched two young male elves wresting. A smile popped onto Kaleb lips. "What are you smiling at" I asked. "Well I was thinking how about a brodir (wolfblood for wolf fight) he replied still smiling. I thought about it for a few moments then slowly said "well Elrond always did tell me no brodiring with elves, but your not exactly an elf sooo why not" "come on"he said leading me to an empty part of the arena. Looking around I saw a couple of elfs watching us but apart from that nobody. I looked into Kaleb eyes and nodded. Suddenly standing in front of me was his wolf. "Bring it on" I said. Lunging at him, in midair I transform and the brodir began. Five minutes later he flipped me over his teeth near my neck. Come on admit defeat he thought spoke at me. Suddenly I was able to knock him over not today now submit go on. I growled baring my teeth bowing his head he surrendered. We pushed back from each other and changed back into human form. I then became aware that every pair of eyes were fixed on us. Standing up I walked over to the target board we left. Picking it up I with Kaleb following walked out of the arena. "Well fought by the way" he said as we put away the things we had used. "Why have I got a feeling this is going to reach the ears of lady Gladrial" he wondered aloud.

He wasn't wrong the next day we were summoned to meet with lady Gladrial and Lord Celeborn. "Would you care to explain yesterday's events and why we have several people come up to us to comment on your brodir yesterday" lord Celeborn enquired. "Well you see, as your probably aware Rias not allowed her bow or arrows, so I suggested that we practice a bit of knife throwing" kaleb started. "Yet it was not your knife throwing skills which drew attention to yourselves" lord Celeborn cut in. "Yes so we got slightly board, so I suggested that we have a brodir, Ria agreed and we transformed and fought for a few moments and Ria won, thats about it my Lord" kaleb said. "Are you aware of what could have happened if you'd lost control of your wolves, you could have seriously harmed the elves in the arena or each other, I'm actually surprised you didn't" lectured lord Celeborn. "Though according to several witnesses you both fought well" interrupted lady Gladrial. "However Kaleb is stronger but Ria won, how?". "I let my guard down and Ria was able to overcome me" said Kaleb hanging his head in shame. "Yet I was almost defeated" Ria said trying to support Kaleb.

Lord Celeborn sighed"just please let us know in advance before you transform and make sure your a safe distance from anybody else". "You may go" murmured lady Gladrial.

Lady Gladrial point of view
As the two children if the.moon left I turned to Celeborn. "Are you thinking what I'm thinking" she said gravely. "Depends, are you thinking that the two children of the moon see each other as more than just friends" he asked. "Yes, it's the way they look at each other and how Ria defended Kaleb". "I think we're going to have to inform the rest of the white council about this development"he said. "Yes, especially so close to the children's of the moon mating season" and with that walked off together.