Healing

Ria's point of view
I opened my eyes and looked around. I was in a bed and by the looks of things back in rivendell. Next to me sat kaleb sleeping in a chair, he looked exusted. He also opened his eyes and for a moment didn't look aa if he knew where he was then his eyes rested on me staring at him. He leans forward looking at me and then he then says " Ria, please forgive me I didn't protect you like I said I would. I failed you". I look deep into his eyes and see everything. The pain, the hurt, the misery, all this I have caused. I squeeze his hand gently "kaleb. I am soo sorry. All those things I said I didn't mean a single thing. It is me who should be asking for your forgiveness" I reply. He looks at me sadly.

Lord Elrond then enters with Arwen. She runs up to my side and hugs me. It is then that I become aware of the pain on my waist. I wince slightly and she notices. "Ria are you okay" she asks. I nod. I place my hand on my waist and feel bandages lining it. I look at lord Elrond for an explanation. "You were stabbed but appart from that nothing seems to be too serious" he says gravely. I nod "how long have I been asleep" I ask. "About 3 days" answers Arwen. "We thought you'd sleep through the full moon" she adds jokingly. I smile "you know me wouldn't miss it for the world" I reply smiling.

Lord Elrond looks at kaleb sternly "I'll leave you to tell her" he says shortly. "Come Arwen" he says walking out the room. Arwen gives me one last hug before following after him. I look at kaleb standing there wringing his hands nervously. "Tell me what" I ask curious. He walks over to me and sits down. "Ria what I tell you please don't let this change your opinion of me" he says. I frown why is he so nervous? "We aren't the only wolfbloods left. What I told you about my childhood was true but after I left my adoptive parents I wandered in the wild for a few months. Then I was then found by the pack. I lived with the pack for about 4 years until they told me to go find you. The plan was to tell you and we'd return to the pack. But then I fell in love with you. So I disobeyed the pack and traveled with you insted. But then you were taken by those things so I called the pack to rivendell. They fought alongside the elves to get you back. Keri the pack healer kept you alive while we made the journey back to rivendell. I'm sorry I didn't tell you about all this and I understand if you never wish wish to see me again" He said.

I sit there in shock. We're not the only ones left. "Kaleb I love you and I will never think of you any different" I say embracing him despite the pain comming from my waist. He hugs me back. "So what happens now" I ask. He leans back in his chair "well you can either join the pack or if not we can carry on travelling together" he says happily. I think about it for a moment " I want to join the pack" I tell him. His face lights up "Really. Well the pack really do want to meet you. I kinda told them all about you" he says. I laugh " you've probably exaggerated so much".