The Pack

Kalebs point of view

I stood in the courtyard waiting. I was able to contact the pack to let them know what had happened. I was nervous the wolfsbane had worn off this morning but I still felt incomplete. The pack weren't going to be pleased with me. Not only had I not followed my orders and not brought ria back to them but I'd also let her be kidnapped. "Whats wrong " somebody said coming up behind me. I turned round to face them, it was elladen one of rias dearest friends. "The packs not going to be happy with me" I explained.

"What are they like" he asked. I shrugged "wild" I replied, "they don't really get into contact with others and there's only about 20 of them so they're all very close". "So did you grow up within the pack" elladen asked. I shook my head "no I was found in the river by a man and his wife. They were farmers and had no children of their own so adopted me. I left just after my 11th birthday just after I had my first transformation. I wondered by myself for a couple of months. It was then that they found me. I stayed with the pack for about 4 years until they told me to go find Ria and return her to the pack." Elladen nodded "why did they choose you?". I shrugged it was I question I asked myself several times "I have no idea perhaps because I grew up around men, I don't know ".

I jerked his head up and smiled. "The pack approaches" I explained. I then howled and stood still waiting for a reply. It came a short yet clear howl.

A large group of people ran into the courtyard where we were standing. I sighed and walked towards Arron the alpha. I lowered my head and brought it up to face him with my yellow eyes showing. He returned the gesture. I then heard someone cough behind me. I turned round lord Elrond and linder had joined elladen.

I gestured to Arron and said "lord Elrond this is Arron the alpha of the pack. Arron this is Lord Elrond lord of rivendell". To my relief Arron bowed his head as a sign of respect. Lord Elrond did the same. This could go better than expected. I walked up to lord Elrond and explained to him that the pack would sleep just past the hidden pass, he understood.

Then Minar a female stepped out of the packs formatin "Kaleb. You were meant to bring the girl to us but you didn't explain" she snapped. I sighed might as well get this over with "because I developed feelings for her and she wanted to travel learn more about our kind and can I just-" I was interrupted by minars snarls. "Weak as usal". I closed the distance between us and snapped at her. We got caught up in a snarling match if I broke away now I could save myself a lot of bother but my pride got the better of me. Arron snarled "enough the pair of you what's done is done!" I glared at him then blinked a couple of times getting my eyes back to their normal colour. "are you okay to come with us tonight". I looked at lord Elrond and was relived to see that he was nodding. "Yeth (yes) I am" he smiled I knew he was happy that I could speak wolfblood. The pack turned and ran I looked back to lord Elrond smiled and ran after them.

We came to the hidden pass and set up camp. Keri the packs healer checked my wounds. She was impressed with how well they were healing. Somebody had set up a small fire in order to cook some sort of meat. Everybody else was trying to keep as far as they could away from the fire. Despite our fear of fire wolfbloods were able to keep relatively calm around small fires and lamps. As long as the fire could be controlled we felt safe around it. Some of the others came up and asked me about Ria. I smiled and started to tell them all about her. How she looked, how she had amazing control over her wolf, how she could throw up protective barriers.

Thats something I should mention. All wolfbloods have some sort of ability that reflects our personality. Like Arron he could hear people's thoughts or keri she could heal somebody with one tear. Arrons wise and thoughtful and keri always wants to help people. I can control air this means that I'm very relaxed but I change change my mind very quickly just like how thewind can change direction quickly.

The pack started to lay out blankets for us to sleep on. I claim my spot and curl up and go to sleep.