Chapter 8

Anna's POV

Today is Daniel and I's first date since he has asked me to be his girlfriend. I am kind of nervous for it but it should be like any other time we have gone out. Well hung out.. Daniel has never really taken me out before. I take a deep breath, trying to relax and calm my nerves. This night is going to go perfect I don't understand why I am so nervous. I take a shower, and once I am done I blow dry my hair. Once my hair is dry I curl it into loose curls and then brush the curls out slightly so it slightly straight slightly wavy. After I finish my hair and makeup I walk over to my closest to figure out the perfect outfit. I stand in my closet struggling to find an outfit however manage to find the perfect one. I decide on a light blue skater skirt, a collar floral blouse and my converse. Cute but simple. Daniel is picking me up however I told him to park down the street so my brother will not see his car. Once I get the text from Daniel telling me he is here I walk over to head out.

"Mum, I am leaving!", I call out walking over to the door to leave.

"Okay hun have fun!", she calls out not even bothering asking me where I am going.

I am stopped at the door by Beau. He stands in front of the door with his arms crossed blocking my exit. "Where do you think you are going", he questions. Of course, why would my mother question me when she knows Beau never fails to play twenty questions before I leave.

I roll my eyes, "Beau you can quit playing the protective dad act every time I go out. Andrea and I are having a girls night out in the town. Can I leave now", I try to move pass him but he keeps blocking me from leaving.

"Beau I am going to be late", I whine trying to push pass him to open the door.

"What time are coming home?".

"I don't know whenever we finish I guess".

Beau stands there with a serious face waiting for more answers. I pull my best poker face to try to hide my nerves. I have lied to Beau about where I am going but not who I am hanging out with. I always feel bad lying to him.

"Just you and Andrea are going".

I nod and smile.

"Where?".

"We haven't decide yet".

Beau raises an eyebrow.

"Beau move".

He rolls his eyes and steps his eyes away from the door.

"Text me when you get there".

"Okay dad".

"Stop calling me dad please. You know I do this all because I love you and just want to protect my little sister. That is my job you know as your older brother".

A small smile grows upon my lips. I walk up to Beau and kiss him on the cheek.

"I know Beau".

I open up the door to leave, and before stepping out I turn to Beau.

"I love you Beau".

Beau smiles slightly. "I know. I hope you know how much I love you and how much I care about you. All I want is for my little sister to be safe. I don't know what I would ever do if something happened to you. ".

A small frown grows on my face as I close the door to leave. He makes it so hard to do something bad without having any guilt.

I walk down the street to meet Daniel. A smile grows across my lips as I see Daniel leaning against the side of his car door looking at his phone. He is dressed in dark wash jeans, a grey dress shirt button up but left the top three buttons undone with black raybands. I take my bottom lip in between my teeth, taking his appearance in. He really knows how to clean up. I am so used to Daniel in trackies and a plain white t-shirt or jeans and a sweatshirt, and his famous uggs he always wears.