Chapter 54

Anna's POV

I wait for the voices to die down in the hallway and for the lights to go out before climbing out of my bed. I quietly tip toe to my door and open it slightly taking a peek into the hallway to make sure everyone is sleeping. My mothers and my brothers doors are both closed and lights are off. I close my door and lock it before walking over into my closet to throw over a sweatshirt and a beanie. I look down at my phone 11:27pm. I have three minutes until I am suppose to meet Daniel. I grab my bag before I slowly open my window and climb out of it. A strong breeze hits me once I am outside and I think about going back inside to get a warmer jacket but I don't have much time. I close the window slightly and leave it open just enough so I wont get locked out. It is pitch black outside expect for the small amount of light casted on the empty street created by the street lamps.. I normally do not like going outside late at night by myself but I know Daniel is only parked a block away. However it is still very late at night and very dark. I run down my block to where Daniel is parked. I slow down my pace as I see Daniel's car parked at the end of the street.

Once he notices me, he steps out of his car but leaves it running.

I find myself running once again into his arms. A gasp escapes his lips as I wrap my arms around him tightly.

"Daniel", I breathe. My breathing is heavy from running in the cold air.

"I am so sorry", I whisper into his chest.

"Shhh... It isn't your fault", he whispers to calm me.

Daniel's POV

It is freezing outside tonight and Anna is dressed in nothing but a little sweater. Not to mention it is almost midnight and I don't feel safe out here with Anna and I alone. But I don't want to let go of her. I love having her in my arms. She makes everything feel right.

"Lets talk in my car", I say and she nods before moving her body away from mine as she walks over to the passenger door letting herself in. I feel empty as she leaves my touch.

I close the door after I step in and turn the heat up. It is much warmer in here than outside.

"That's better", I smile, but a frown grows upon her lips.

"He hurt you", her voice cracks slightly and I want to kiss those lips of hers to heal the pained look in her eyes.

Her eyes meet mine and they begin to water when she notices the cuts and my bruised cheek and eye.

Her fingers brush gently over the bruised skin and my eyes close in a wince as the pain rushes through my face. I pull away and she begins to cry.

"Daniel. I never wanted this to happen. I didn't want him to hurt you".

"Anna don't worry about it. It is nothing but a few cuts. I lived okay", I flash her a small smile but her frown doesn't leave her lips. I just want to kiss the pain away. I just want to feel her lips on mine. I find my eyes focused on her lips as she speaks.

"I knew this was going to happen", she cries.

"At least they know now".

"You really think Beau is going to let us be together?", she cries.

"This happens every time. He never fails to push people out of my life".

My mind flashes back to what Beau said about Logan.

"You are just like that piece of shit Logan. Pretending he didn't fuck her when I came after him. Did she tell you to go slow and be careful because you were her first time because Logan would tell you different!".