Chapter 28

"Why did you show up?", I question Daniel as we enter the car.

"I wanted to see you", he smiles but I can see through his lie.

"Don't lie to me I know you don't trust me to be alone with Logan".

Daniel sighs as he starts his car following Logan out of the parking lot.

"Why don't you trust me?".

"It isn't you that I don't trust", he raises his tone slightly.

"You know I don't like Logan so why are you forcing me to become friends with him? Nothing good is going to come out of this".

"I told you that you didn't have to come".

"I know".

"So why did you come then?", I am so confused he needs to make up his mind.

"Because I love you", my heart melts at his words. I love when he tells me he loves me. This is the third time he has told me but every time it feels so special.

"I know how much this means to you even though I don't understand why. I hate disappointing you so if becoming friends with this douche is going to make you happy then I can handle one dinner. And I repeat one dinner. This is never happening again".

A small smile grows upon my face as I take Daniel's hand that is rested on his arm rest.

"I love you", I tell him.

Daniel's eyes flicker to mine.

"Oi how I wish I wasn't driving right now", his tongue snakes along his bottom lip as he rests his hand on my upper thigh.

Within five minutes we pull up to the restaurant. It is an small old diner Logan and I would always go when we were friends. Daniel parks a few spots away from Logan.

Logan glares at Daniel as he walks inside waiting for us to follow. Daniel and I enter and Logan is talking to an older lady with vibrant red hair. After she notices us she walk us over to our table. The entire way to the table all I can hear is her obnoxious popping her gum. It is bad enough I have to deal with these two babies but now we have the most annoying waitress we could have gotten. She seats us at our table and Daniel sits beside me leaving Logan to take the seat in front of me.

"What can I start you kids off to drink?", she asks.

Kids... I hate when people call me a kid. I am not even four months away from turning 18. I am not a baby. If anything Logan and Daniel are the children here. I feel like a mother towards the two making sure they get along and don't start a fight.

"Water please", I finally answer and the other two boys agree with me. She leaves to fetch us the drinks before taking our order.

Logan bites his lip and he sits staring silent at me awkwardly.

"So what did you guys think of the movie?", I question attempting to the break the silence that lingers between us. Neither of them answer.

"This is going to be a long night if you two fail to communicate and continue to give me the silent treatment. Can you two just attempt to like each other just for tonight?".

"Nope because I hate him", Daniel smiles.

"Awe I hate you too", Logan answers back in a playful voice.

"Look at you two, you already have one thing in common", I laugh but Logan and Daniel both glare at me clearly not assumed.

"Can you at least to pretend to like each other?".