Chapter 40

I snake my arm around her waist pulling her into my chest.

"I can't believe we just did that with your dad home", her cheeks are flushed with red as she covers her face.

"Do you think he heard us?".

"I hope not", I laugh. But the thought makes me cringe. I have turn my shy little girl into a bass ass like myself.

She smiles before closing her eyes. I can't stop staring at her. She is so beautiful and I love the fact that she is mine; only mine.

"What time is it?", her voice is soft.
I look over to the alarm clock on my bedside table.
"Almost 5".

"I don't want to leave", she whines snuggling into my chest. I dip my head down placing my lips against her forehead kissing her softly before pulling my lips away.

"Who said you have to leave?", I smile twirling her hair with my finger tips.

"My mom wants me home by 6 for dinner". She sits up covering herself with the blanket. I don't understand what is the point of covering herself when I have just spend the last half hour with her lying in bed naked. My hands travel to the blanket pulling it down but she quickly pulls it back up.

"Daniel", her voice is soft and embarrassed as she attempts to pull it back up but my grip around it is tighter.

"Stay". I entwine my fingers with hers tugging her arm slightly to come back to bed.

"I have to get home".

"You said 7. It is only 6. It take me 10 minutes to drive you home which mean we have 50 the most 45 more minutes to spend together... Stay", my last words are more demanding.
"Come back to bed and snuggle with me", I pout my lips.

She sighs deeply but I can see the smile upon her lips she is trying to keep from me. She crawls back into the bed and I don't waste any time pulling her into my chest. I love having her in my arms.

"I love you", I whisper into her ear. Her eye lashes flutter at my words. However there is something behind her expression that makes it seem like she doesn't believe me when I tell her. Every time she smiles and repeats my words but her eyes say another thing. She remains quiet in my arms as she rests with her eyes closed.

"Anna", I nudge her slightly.

"Mhmm", she breathes.

"Do you love me?", my voice is shaking. I don't know why I have even asked that. The question is obvious isn't it.

She turns around to face me, and our eyes meet.
"Of course I do".

"Why don't you look like you believe me when I tell you I love you", my voice is soft. I push the fallen pieces of hair out of her eyes.

She looks hurt by my questions as she looks down to the bed.

"I-I", her bottom lip trembles.

I cup her chin lifting it so our eyes meet.

"What", I ask my tone a little rude. I know she is hiding something from me.

I sigh sitting up supporting my body weight with my elbows. I wait for her respond and when she doesn't I push the covers off of me and sit on the end of the bed. I pick up my boxers I have thrown onto the floor and slip them up my legs. I glance over at Anna from the corner of my eye and she looks confused and hurt. Her lips are parted like she wants to speak but she remains silent. If she doesn't love me she couldn't have told me a long time ago before all of this happened. At this point she is playing with my emotions if she actually doesn't. I don't know if she doesn't or not but by the way she is acting I know she is hiding something from me. I am not going to just sit here and continue to make love to the girl I love if she doesn't love me back.

"Daniel", she speaks but I don't turn my attention to her. I pick up my jeans and begin to pull them up my legs. I feel her presences behind me as I button up them up. I feel her small hand travel to mine wrapping her fingers around me. My heart begins to race at her touch. Oh how this girl drives me insane.

"Look at me".

I turn around to look at her. She has into slipped my t-shirt; no wonder I couldn't find it. However I don't want her to take it off. I love when she wears my clothes. She holds onto both of my hands looking into my eyes.

"Anna do you love me", I repeat the earlier question.

"I swear if you have been playing with my emotions this entire time, for fuck sake Anna I just made love to you and you can't tell me you love me". My hands fly up to my hair tugging at the roots in frustration. I know it is my insecurities speaking right now. I know she loves me and I am over reacting. I am very insecure that is all. The thought of someone loving me makes my pulse quicken. I never thought I would find sometime who would.

"Daniel, the question I have for you is are you going to leave me".

I take a step back distancing myself from her. She did not just say that. I really hope she doesn't mean it in the way I think as does because if she does I don't know what I will do.

"I knew it". In reality I never did. I was just hoping it was me being insecure about myself.

"Daniel I love you! I didn't mean it like that", she speaks.

"I do love you and I hope you believe me when I say it. The thing is..", she pauses.

"Speak Anna. I can see the look in your eyes when I tell you I love you. What is the problem here".

"I know you love me but that doesn't matter because.... Do you love me enough to fight for me. When we tell my brother about us I know", she begins to cry.

"I have a feeling something bad is going to happen. Daniel what if they hurt you".

That is what she is worried about. She is worried I am going to pull a Logan. Beau is going to beat me and then I am going to leave her. That is not going to happen. I would never leave when the going gets tough. I am not that kind of person.

"Anna", I attempt to pull her close but she doesn't let me.

"I am not leaving. Ever. I am going to stand by you every step of the way. When we tell your brothers and they don't approve then I will do everything I can to make sure they do. I am going to fight for you because you are worth fighting for Anna... I can't believe you think I would just give up and leave you" I am hurt that she thinks that. She should know I love her and I will never leave her.

"I am sorry. I just have a really bad feeling. I don't want you to get hurt", she cries.

My thumb runs over her cheek wiping her tears away.

"If you want we can them right now. Do you want to?".

She quickly shakes her head, "No please not today".

"I am not leaving you Anna. Nothing will happen okay. I am their best friend they will not hurt me".

Anna nods her head as I pull her into my chest.

"Don't worry about it". I know whatever I tell her she will worry. I am worried myself but in the end I am Beau's best friend. He will not hurt me. I just hope if I keep repeating it, it will be true.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Hello loves <3
Who thinks Beau will pull what he did on Logan when he finds out about Daniel and Anna? Comment below what you think will happen! Maybe whoever is really close I will dedicate my next chapter too :)

Also quick question! Does everyone remember a previous character named Kian in chapter 10? The boy that worked at the tattoo parlor? Well make sure you do because he is coming up in the next chapter!

Also everyone should go over and read my friend's @Heraldotheturtle new Luke Brooks fanfic called 'Counting Stars'! It is incredible and worth checking out! If you do read it comment on her last chapter telling her I sent you!

I will follow some of you that do and also will dedicate a future chapter to you!

Until next time<3