Chapter 53

Anna's POV

I stare at my phone watching the time go by. Time feels endless and motionless as it feels like hours since Beau and Luke have left with Daniel and the cops. However Beau and Luke have only been gone for an hour. If it was about nothing why have they been gone for so long. My thoughts are distracted by my endless reasons why they haven't arrived home yet. I sit anxiously waiting for anyone to walk through that door. I am startled by the vibration of my phone ringing.

Without thinking I quickly pick up my phone almost dropping it when I answer.

"Daniel are you okay!", I blurt into my phone. My words come out jumbled.

"Yes baby I am fine", his voice calms me.

"Where is Beau?", I am almost afraid to ask.

"He is coming home now with your mom-".

"My mom! They called my mom!", I shout into the phone.

"Yes Anna baby listen I have to make this quick. I know this is the stupidest idea but by any chance can you sneak out tonight?", he asks.

He must be crazy. Beau had his hands wrapped around his throat an hour ago and he wants to see me tonight.

"I know it is stupid but I want to- I need to see you", he whispers.

"Daniel I think we should keep it on the-".

"Anna they already know about us what more can they do? Please Anna. Try to sneak out tonight. I will meet you at our usual stop around 10".

"Make it 11:30.... Everyone will be sleeping by then", I say before hanging up.

I feel my body tense up once again when I hear Beau's voice echo through the house.

"Where is she!", his tone is loud and angry. I feel my pulse begin to race as his footsteps travel down the hall towards my bedroom.

The door pushes open with Beau on the other side of it.

"You fucking bitch" he says and my eyes widen at his words.

"Beau don't talk to your sister like that!", my mother screams behind him. Jai quickly runs towards me and uses himself as a shield in front of me.

"Don't you dare come near her", he growls.

"I can't believe you. You have gone seven fucking months dating my best friend! My best friend and you don't even fucking tell me!", he shouts.

"I-".

"I don't want to hear it! I don't fucking care what you have to say.

Anna all I have ever done is look out for you and protect you and then you go behind my back and", Beau pauses. His hands travel to his hair as his fingers tug at the roots.

"I can't. I am so done with you. I mean it this time".

"Beau-".

"I don't wanna fucking hear your accuses! You can go fuck Daniel all you want I don't care. I am done! I am done with you! I am done with him! I am done with this fucking bullshit", he shouts before leaving my room. Shortly after he leaves I hear the front door slam close. Where is he going? What does he mean by he is done? What he is going to drop everything? I have done nothing wrong here! When is he going to stop over reacting. He is being a baby.

"Where is he going?", my mom rolls her eyes.

"Beau!", she calls out as she leaves my room.

My attention is focused to Luke as he stands at the ends of my bed staring at me silently.