Chapter 64

Daniel's POV

I pull into James' driveway, turning off the engine. I rest my head on my steering wheel, closing my eyes. My head aches and I am exhausted from lack of sleep. Ever since I have broken up with Anna I haven't been the same. I feel like I am missing something and I know exactly what it is. Her. This time I will never be able to get her back. One stupid mistake. Fuck I miss her so much.

I look up and shake everything off. I need to move on. She is going to have to move on and so will I. I don't want to. I wish I could drive over and hold her. See her. Talk to her. Hear her adorable laugh. See her beautiful smile. Fuck I need to stop thinking about her. She probably isn't thinking about me the way I am thinking about her. She probably hates me, and never wants to see me again.

I open my car door and step out. I walk over to James' front door and find his sister to answer when I knock. She lets me know James is in his room, so I walk up the stairs to see him. I am afraid to see him. Him and Anna are so close and he knows I broke her heart. I am afraid he will think less of me because he always told me I didn't deserve her because I never treated her the way she deserved to be treated. I thought he would said that because he wanted her. But he was right. I took advantage of her most of the time. I knew whatever I do she will always find a way back to me. No matter what her brothers say or do she wouldn't be able to stay away.

I open his door slowly, and take a step inside. He looks up from his phone but doesn't say a word. I am not sure exactly why he invited me over.

"Hi", he smiles softly.

"Hi".

"Are you okay?", he asks clearly concerned.

"I keep telling myself I am but I think we both know the real answer".

"Heart break is very powerful.. It is one of the strongest and worst emotion you can ever feel".

"I get this pain in my chest any time I think of her".

"So it is really over?", he sighs.

I breathe out deeply running my fingers through my hair.

"Unfortunately", I sigh.

"Have you talk to anyone since the break up", he questions referring to Luke and Jai.

"They aren't talking to me. Jai left me a message telling me how I messed up and that he doesn't understand why I would do such a thing".

"What about Beau?".

"He has stayed away.. I haven't seen him or have spoken to him".

"I talked to him", he says softly.

"What did he say".

"He told me he is glad that you left Anna's life because since then him and Anna have grown very close".

I run my finger through my hair slightly deeply. I miss Beau..

"Anna called me", he says and my heat skips a beat at her name.

"W-What did she say", I stumble over my words.

"She wanted to know if the way she felt was normal...", he pauses before continuing. "She said she can't go a second without thinking of you and it hurts the thought of it. She wants to move on but she doesn't think she ever will".

"I don't want her too", I say quietly. I truly don't.

"I am surprised she feels like that", I try to hide the smile that grows upon the lips. I hate that she is upset but deep inside I am happy to know she still thinks about me.