15. trash

***
To everyone who has given a second to vote. I love you!!!
Song : lighthouse family -lifted
***

I was worried my mind was reeling with different pictures of what may be. I knew James said not to worry but I couldn't help it.

My mind goes back to his last words before he got locked up.

"Be careful" and the laughter the laughter that hunted me years later.

Be careful... those words were a warning, a threat and a promise.
I wrap my arms around my self. I needed a distraction. I stand up and walk to my bed, take of my shoes and sit down. Breathe Hera. It's not going to get approved. I take out my calculus book. Maths was my first go to place each time I needed to be calm or push matters from my mind. Unlike others, I loved it. It was my safe heaven when I needed to shut out the world. I start on some calculations picking the hardest ones. Time flies by without my noticing.

The door jerks open hitting the wall causing me to come back to the world.

"Hera!" Jess says throwing a bag on the ground and walking towards me. She jumps on my bed and holds me in a tight hug. I hug her back holding on tightly. I smile. I needed the hug.

"You must have really missed me," She says laughing.

Shockingly I truly did miss her. We met just one day but I already did miss her.

"What are you up to?" She says looking at my books.

"Urgh Maths," She says like it was puke.

I laugh.

"I love maths," I say.

"I always knew you were not normal," She says getting up to pick her bags. I wanted to ask where she had been the past few days but didn't want to pry.

"No worries I'm here to save you," Jess says throwing a bag on my bed. I look at it and at her bed, the shopping bags are all brand names. Her parents must be rich.

"It's for you, Reid got it," She says.

"What?!" I say surprised that Reid would get me something, something expensive at that. Was that where she'd been all weekend? With Reid? I place the bag aside.

"But isn't Lexis your boyfriend?" I ask confused on why other guys where getting her gifts.

"Lexis?" She asks. I nod.

"What never!" She says chuckling.

I look at her confused.

"Then who is his girlfriend?" I ask. Maybe Karen she seemed possessive.

"Nobody," She says.

"So he's a playboy?" I ask.

"1. Every boy is a playboy of sorts, 2. He has fun," She answers emptying her shopping bags on her bed.

"And dating?" I ask confused.

"Is not fun," She answers chuckling and sorting through the clothing.

I'm confused. Since when was finding the love of your life to get married and have kids with and live forever till death do you part not fun?

"Then what are you two?" I ask.

"Friends with non sexual benefits," She says smiling. I don't believe her but don't argue further.

She grins.

"Why where you worried about my being his girlfriend and hindering your chances?" She asks.

"What?" I say flabbergasted at how she came by that theory.

"Lexis constantly hanging out here when I'm not around? Seems our virgin finally got a taste of the forbidden fruit," She says eyes sparkling.

"Ewww no, NEVER!" I say in shock and disgust. How she can ever imagine me and that thing called Lexis makes me want to puke. I have no interest being with a grasshopper who hopped from one flower to another for the meal.

"Never say never," She says adding, "You know that saying when life gives you lemons...you make a lemonade,"

"No when life gives me Lexis I throw him in the trash can," I say folding my arms together.

***
Update! What do you think? Lemonades or trash?
Was going to post this later but my hand kept itching to publish it lol.
Don't forget to vote :-)