79. Mothers

Someone made me this trailer! No this is not what the characters look like lol but I love the trailer! Thank you JuneMidnight

"Remember tonight, for it is the beginning of always. A promise. Like a reward for persisting through life so long alone. The belief in each other and the possibility of love. A decision, to ignore or simply rise above the pain of the past. The covenant, which at once binds two souls and yet severs prior ties. The celebration, of the chance for two will always be stronger than one. Like a team, braced against the tempest's of the world. And love... will always be the guiding force in our lives. For tonight is mere formality.. only an announcement to the world for feelings long held. Promises made long ago -- in the sacred space of our hearts." Lucas Scott - One tree Hill.

***
The little devil!

I quickly push the confused Lexis off my bed. He falls on the ground with a thud in shock.

"What the fuck!" He says.

"Language!" I and Max say at the same time as the little demon starts laughing just as Jamie steps in.

    Jamie bear, my warm, cuddly, sweet and strong as a bear brother. He stands before me his face wrinkled taking in the scene before him. A smile spreads unto my face forgetting what Max had previously screamed out.

"You're lucky mum and dad are currently with the doctor," Jamie says walking forward towards me ignoring Lexis who has now gotten up, standing awkwardly in the corner.

"Our parents will be here in a few minutes," Jamie says.

I nod.

"I was speaking to him," Jamie says straightening up and looking at Lexis a sharp expression on his face. Telling him to get out without actually saying the words.

       I stay quiet and bite my lip. Lexis eyes flicker to my lips. He grins and taps his lips with his finger. I grin as we exchange the hidden secret of a promise made. My eyes roll to the side signalling this is not a fight he wants to take up with Jamie.
Nodding, he walks out.

Jamie shuts his eyes and opens it letting out a breath.

I smile.

"I thought you liked him," I say.

"I've never met him," Jamie replies.

"Yes, but Keith told you and..." I start.

"Keith said he'd protect you instead you ended up in a hospital bed," Jamie says balling his hands into a fist.

"Is that your boyfriend?" Max asks interrupting. Looking at me with his eyes lit up.

"I'll tell mum," Max says turning around to run out and spill the beans. Like his name Maximilian means "greatest" he truly was the greatest at causing trouble.

"Oh no you won't," Jamie says placing his hands on his head to stop him.

"Mum!" Max shouts as if she'd miraculously appear and save him.

Max attempts to step on Jamie's leg but Jamie dodges and wraps his arms around Max locking him in a hug.

"Ahhh let me go!" Max screams.

"What's going on here?" I hear my dad's stern voice as he stands at the door with my mum.

Jamie lets go of Max immediately.

"He tried to step on my toes," Jamie says.

"He started it first!" Max replies running into my mother's arms. Who stands looking distracted at the side. Her face filled with pain, worry and sadness.