87. Lies

My name is Lucas Scott I'm a senior at Tree Hill High School. Tree Hill is just a place somewhere in the world, maybe it's a lot like your world; maybe it's nothing like it. But, if you look closer, you might see someone like you; or, someone like my best friend Haley. If you're married, a senior in high school, and not sure if your husband is still alive, your world is a lot like Haley's. Today was supposed to be the best day of her life. But, it's amazing how things can change in a blink of an eye, or in this case, in about 29 minutes."

Song : Because you loved me - Celine Dion

***LAST CHAPTER***

Throughout the ride to the office and in the elevator I stay silent collecting my thoughts and forming my words .

Lexis deserved lots of love not just limited to me, but if he stays with me... I had been privileged to have two experiences of love, from Lexis and from my family. I couldn't be so selfish to prevent him from experiencing all the love he can especially that of his family. I already knew what love was prior to meeting him thanks to my family but he didn't know love before me and even now doesn't fully understand it. Me or his family? I couldn't allow him lose his family for me. If I stayed with him and tell him the truth about his mum even if he tries to fix his relationship with his family Peter won't allow it, because he'll feel betrayed by him like his brother betrayed him for love. I know if we get married he will. If history repeats itself it won't be because of Lexis but because of me, I can't allow that. I can't take the chance.

Once I arrive in front of his office, the Secretary leads me in.

"Have a seat" Peter says pointing to the free seat next to his desk. I sit down not trusting myself to stand without turning and running away.

"I have a few questions" I say.

"I'm listening" he replies.

"If they have the same mum why are they both in college at the same time, shouldn't they have a larger gap in years? Especially considering Lexis has a high I.Q," I say.

"Alexander spent most of his time in England," Peter answers.

"At the asylum?" I ask.

"Yes" he replies.

I let out a heavy breath.

"Why...why did you send him to the asylum?" I ask reminding myself to be strong.

He sits forward intertwining his fingers.

"I didn't know how to handle it, I had just witnessed my wife and brother have an affair and kill themselves, I wasn't in the right state of mind, neither was Alexander. I didn't know what else to do. When Rose's best friend suggested taking him in and helping him heal, I agreed because it was the best option," He says.

"Only it wasn't," I whisper, I bite my lower lip and release it.

"I'll cancel the marriage" I say.

"I knew you'd make the right choice." He replies grinning.

He was smart I had to give him that, he most likely had planned all this and waited for this moment the day of the wedding, hours to it, to come mess with me psychologically. By hitting his hand against the table he had fed into my fear of abuse, to make me back out because at this dire moment especially, after hearing all he had to say I won't be thinking straight and get out of the marriage. Like a vulture, he waited patiently for the perfect time to attack and did just that. The only thing is he miscalculated one detail.

"I'll leave him" I say, he smiles.

"On the condition that you sign an undertaking saying you won't ever send Lexis back to the asylum, withdraw your rights as his attorney of power and give it to Nathan." I say.