29. The charming Evil Queen

This song reminds me of both characters, they've both been through different experiences that makes them unable to fully accept each other and their current situations won't allow them be either but they can't let the other go. Even if they try.

Like a drug I keep returning to you

Song: Faydee - Cant let go.
***
      I walk into my room to the sight of Jess sleeping. I smile, I had forgotten I had a roommate for a while, considering she is never around. I walk to my bed and lay down to sleep too tired to change out of my clothes or shower. I shut my eyes dreaming of Shakespeare and English accents.

       The next day after classes I head over to the orphanage. It's been a while since I've been there as I had been avoiding meeting Lexis, but after our little Shakespearean conversation the previous day, I figured it won't be bad meeting him.

"Hey stranger, I don't believe we've met before," Nathan says putting out his hands to shake me. I chuckle.

"It's a pleasure meeting you, I'm Hera," I state taking his hands in mine.

"The goddess?" He says eyes widened.

I laugh.

"Hera!" The kids run up to me, coming out of lunch.

I laugh and mess their hairs.

"Hey little angels how have you been?" I say sincerely happy to be back.

"Why don't you all head to the lounge and I'll come read to you okay?" I say to the loud cheers of joy of the kids.

"I thought you hated it," Nathan says.

"What...why?" I ask confused as to why he'd think that.

"You stopped coming," He says.

I shake my head.

"I was just busy getting familiar with school and all," I answer.

"Wow, she lies," A voice I knew all too clearly says from behind me.

I turn to Lexis and glare at him.

"I don't," I say.

"That's the second lie you've said today, you need to reconsider the company you keep," Lexis says making sure to stare right at Nathan at the word company.

"Seriously?" I say.

"What? I'm not the one throwing out lies," He says lifting his hands up in surrender.

"Nathan please stay with the kids, I'll go grab a book," I say walking away not wanting to argue with Lexis or get in a fight with him.

       Why did he always do this? Did he derive some sort of great joy from making me mad? Why was I mad? Because he said the truth. I lied, I was avoiding the orphanage because I didn't want to deal with Lexis but after our little bonding yesterday I thought we were good and could be friends. I guess I was wrong. Nathan was another reason I was mad, Nathan was a good friend and I wouldn't stand Lexis being mean to him while I was around. I walk into the mini library and walk towards the Disney aisle feeling like reading something with an evil character like Lexis.

     I look around and see Snow white high above. Snow white had an evil step mom that was nice to her only to try killing her, I chuckle. Either she took tips from Lexis or Lexis took tips from her as he was nice to me only to turn and annoy me the next moment. He was so confusing. I look around for the ladder. Not finding it and the only seats being huge cushions I couldn't push. I stand on my toes and stretch my hands towards it but I don't reach it.

"Urgh!" I say frustrated.

I look around again but finding nothing, I return and jump to reach it.

"Must you get that one?" The English accent that I knew too well asks.

I turn to look at Lexis.

"Yes," I reply.

"Why?" He asks.

"It reminds me of you," I say smiling to myself at why it reminded me of him. He'd think I was into him not knowing the real reason. I chuckle lightly. And turn to look at him pausing my lips. He raises an eyebrow and smirks leaning against a book row.

"Lexis," I call out to him.

"Mhmm" He answers, eyes focused on me.

"Can you help me? I can't reach it," I say pointing to the top shelf.

He grins and walks over.

"Snow white?" He asks.

"Yes," I answer turning to tiptoe and try once more.

He suddenly grabs me by my hips raising me up my back side resting against his front.

"Lexis," I scream in shock.

"What are you doing?" I ask flustered.

"Didn't you say you wanted my help?" He asks.

"Yes but not this way!" I say as his hands balance beneath my buttocks.

"I didn't feel like helping, so now you can get it yourself," He says

I quickly grab it.

"Let me down," I say nervously slapping his hands.

     He loosens his hold causing me to slidedown, his hands sculpting my body as I slide down against his body. His hands tightens on my waist as my feet touch the ground and I feel my stomach flip.
I quickly turn coming face to face with him. He grins and moves closer making my back rest against the books.

"First it was the accent, now you think I'm Prince charming, are you by any chance in love with me Little Miss Shakespeare?" He asks.

I take a deep breath. No don't fall for it again Hera, you can't continue to allow him play you, he called you a liar- Though that was true- but he'll be kissing another girl by tomorrow.

I slide to the left and rush to the door, stopping, I turn. He has a smirk on his Face. A smirk I wanted to get rid of.

"You're wrong," I say grinning.
He raises an eyebrow.

"You remind me of the evil queen not charming, you are so alike one would think you were twins," I conclude.

The grin leaves his face covered by an unreadable expression which I'm sure anger is part of.
1 point for Gryffindor! Gryffindor being me of course. I chuckle and rush out slamming the door behind me.

***
Lol I love these two a little too much . So excited for the next chapter! :-) Don't forget to vote :-)