49. Fate

No 6 in TEEN FICTION!!!!!!!!!!!
I know you love the story but I love you!!!!!!

Beehive don't come at me lol 🍋🍋🍋🍋
I don't like beyonce but...this song helped me write this chapter.
Song :
Beyonce- broken hearted girl
***
     I wake up and look around. I'm in an unfamiliar room. I notice a wristband on the bed stand.

No way! I think sitting up.

"Looks like sleeping beauty didn't need the kiss from Prince charming," A voice I was all too familiar with says with the glint of mischief I was so used to.

I look up and leaning against the door frame, my backpack in his hands, is Keith.

I jump up and rush to envelope him in a tight hug.

"You've grown so much!" He says shuffling my hair.

"I missed you so much!" I cry out in glee.

He chuckles.

"Why don't I buy that? I've been gone what one day and you already have two guys punching each other for you," He says and my smile disappears as the memory comes rushing back.

Lexis.

It was all a bet.

"Hey there...where'd my smile go?" Keith asks raising up my face by his hands beneath my chin.

I twitch my lips and turn back walking towards the bed to sit down. He comes over and sits next to me.

"Why are you here?" I ask needing to keep out thoughts of Lexis from my mind for a bit.

"I came for a meeting which ended today and I heard from Jamie you are here s..." He starts but I interrupt him.

"Jamie! You can't tell him!" I plead in fear. If Jamie ever got to know what transpired today. Heads will roll and I mean that literally.

"James can be annoying at times but I have no intention of sending him to jail. If I tell him, he will kill the guys that dared to have a bet on his sister, no worries your secret is safe with me," Keith says.

"Thank you," I say leaning my head against his shoulder.

"Though I can't say I won't be throwing the punches on his behalf," he adds.

"Keith!" I say worried. He chuckles.

"Do you seriously want me to stay out of it?" He asks and I nod.

"Just tell me one thing," He says.

"Which of them made the bet?" He asks.

"Long haired or short haired?" He adds.

"Keith.." I start.

"Sleeeping," He says his nickname for me, which I once hated but I'd missed so much I didn't mind now.
"I promise not to throw punches but that doesn't mean I won't throw a punch," He says and I shake my head.

       Thankful he won't be meeting any of them again. Keith was Jamie's best friend. He dropped out of school early to serve In the army after what happened. Most people assumed Keith was never affected but I knew better, Keith was affected greatly. That's why he joined the army. Because of me. He felt the best way to protect me was to join the army. Sadly the army took him far away from me and all of us. Stationing him in Afghanistan. It's been years since we had seen each other but that's what was funny about our fate. He was always the first to find me.

I smile at him.

"What?" He asks looking at me suspiciously.

"Thank you," I say.

"Don't thank me till I've thrown the punch," He says, I chuckle.

"Not that, thank you for always finding me," I say and his face gets serious. He nods.

"How are you?" He asks and I know immediately he means the hearing.

I force a smile. He squeezes my hands.

"Don't worry he won't get approved," He says.

"You don't know that," I state.

"No, I don't but that's why schooling here was a smart decision. He won't find you," He says but we both know that's not necessarily true.

"I need to do some last minute running around," He says getting up.

"Can I come?" I ask not wanting to be alone or away from Keith. It's not everyday I am blessed with the chance to meet him. I truly missed him.

"No, you have some thinking to do, don't try running away from it," He says, I sigh in resignation. He smiles in concern and drops my bag on the bed then walks out.

"Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh" I cry out in frustration hitting my legs against the bed as I lay against it. I take a deep breathe and purse my lips.

"Ok Hera, let's think," I say to myself and sit against the bed bringing the blanket upon my knees.

Lexis.

       It was all a bet. I found it hard to believe yet Nathan wouldn't lie to me. He had no reason to. Was it all a lie? Everything? No, his family issues were real. I suddenly remember something, Lexis asked me to forgive him last night. Is this why? Why he also felt unworthy of me?
      I needed answers. To think and decide on what to do I needed to understand what I was confronting. I pick up my bag and take out my phone turning it on. A bunch of messages and voicemails bombard me. Ignoring them, I move to dial a number as a call comes in.

I immediately pick up.

"Hello," I answer.

***
It's Me...lol sooooooooo anyone who guessed Jamie was right...I had to change it from Jamie after writing a whole chapter when I realized he'd kill them all lol so instead I introduced you all to our lovely Keith 😊💕

Don't forget to vote.