73. A decision.

Song: Park BOM - YOU AND I
This song is perfect for this chapter!

New cover! By mx_xox Its perfect!!!!

To everyone who nominated me or 234 for the teen fiction awards I'm truly grateful and HONORED!!!! #grouphug

I do love nothing in the world so well as you - is not that strange?
William Shakespeare (much ado about nothing)
***

I walk out of the cafeteria not sure where I'm going but needing to leave.I walk towards the bus stop.

"Is it too late now to say sorry?" My phone rings.

I quickly pick it up.

"I heard you got a boyfriend," Jamie says laughter in his voice.
Keith! I should have known he wouldn't be able to keep quiet about it. Jamie and Keith were too close to hide things from each other for long especially when it involved family. I sigh, sitting down.

"So? What type of guy is he to have broken down my little sisters walls?" Jamie asks.

I give a pained smile.

"Jamie," I say my voice shaky. Having so much to say yet not wanting to reveal Lexis wounds to another.

"What's up?" Jamie asks concerned.

"Did the bastard cheat on you?!" Jamie asks.

"What no..." I say quickly shutting down his fears.

"It's just...Jamie do you think I can ever be happily married?" I ask the true question burning in the depth of my heart.

"You can if you give yourself the chance, Hera not every love story or marriage ends the way Mums did. Not every guy is like Jake," he says.

I stay silent.

"But...but he changed, people change," I say.

"Jake didn't change Hera he always had the evil in him, he just did a good job of fooling everyone. Don't let your fear due to what happened to your mum stop you from getting married if you want to. There are Jake's in the world but there are also Seth's," He says.

         I stay silent. The most important part of my fear on getting married to Lexis was the fact that my mums first marriage did not end well. I didn't want mine to end like hers but she found love again.

"Your mum even with all she went through found the courage to face her fears and get into another marriage. Why? Because she found someone she truly knew, someone whose bad and good she could see clearly, someone she loved. You can still find happiness regardless of how bad the past may have been. Most importantly, Jake ruined your past, don't let him and the fear he has evoked in you ruin your future," Jamie says.

         I say goodbye and cut the phone. Jamie wouldn't push me for me information on Lexis, one thing I'd always loved about Jamie is how well he understood my moods, when to keep prodding and when to let go. I can't keep doing this, I can't keep letting the fear from my past affect my future and present, allowing Jake still control my mind. The bus arrives and I get up to enter deciding to go home.

             As I walk into our home I'm met with destruction and disaster. The place is a mess, things are overturned, broken in pieces laying all around as if we'd just had a thief stop by or an FBI search. Worried about Lexis, I rush into the painting studio. The place is a mess, just like the day I found out about his mum, shards of glass lay all over and broken artworks. I look around and notice Lexis in a corner seated eyes blank. I rush over to him being careful not to further cause damage. I notice dry stains of blood on his feet. I quickly rush out, grab two bowls, fill one with water and the order with antiseptic. I grab a couple of wash cloths and a bandage placing it all on a tray, I hurry back and place it next to the unmoving body of Lexis. I hurry back and grab a broom returning to sweep the area around him before kneeling next to him and picking the wash cloth. I take a good look at him. He seemed far away and I needed to bring him back to me, I couldn't loose Lexis to the darkness. I take his hands and start washing them in the soap water.