19.

Mike: son. What is this I hear about you and this Scott fella? All these kids seem to be tweeting me and asking if you are dating? I have no clue who he is?
Mike: seems like your mom knew the situation. Apparently his family is from here and have been talking nonstop about how their son snagged a famous musician.

Mitch: I'll explain everything when I visit next week! Its too much to type and its way better in person anyway.

Mike: okay. That is fine. Until then, I just want to know... Is it serious? Or will it be?

Mitch: I really don't know the answer to that Mikeney. I gtg. Love you

"Scott! Your family is blabbing about us to all of Arlington!" "What? They don't even know anything?" Scott reassured. "And how do you even know that?" "You do realize I'm from Arlington... My dad told me. Said your family has been saying you quote-unquote snagged a famous musician."

He let out a hearty laugh, "That sounds like something my mom would say. Even though I told her nothing was happening with us."

My heart dropped to my stomach. Did he say nothing was happening? "Nothing?"

"I mean.. Not like- We haven't really discussed anything? I-I didn't even know you wanted there to be something with us." "How many times do people have to call you an oblivious fuck for you to finally pay attention!?" Why must the cute ones be so dumb... Well not all the time, just really oblivious. He doesn't catch on quickly. Sadly.

"Well it was you at first who didn't know I was flirting with you back when we were texting." "Weak point! We were texting. You can't really decipher what the context was." Scott rolled his eyes, "Yeah. Okay. Whatever. I have to get you to rehearsal before I get bitched at some more, but by 4 other people." With that Scott was out the front door.

Okay, what just happened? Did we fight? Did that even count as a fight? And over what? A relationship status?!

I need more coffee.

***
***

Scott: mom! Can u stop talking about Mitch and I.

Mom: ooh 'Mitch and I' sounds exclusive honey.