Chapter 26

Harry's POV

Everything was going fine until Allie abruptly stopped. I didn't notice at first so when I kept walking, her hand pulled back on mine. That's when I heard some lady say her name. I assumed it was a fan, but when I turned to look at Allie, her eyes were wide, never blinking. Her face was as if she had seen a ghost, all the color had flushed from her face. She looked terrified. I was confused. That was until I heard her voice, very shaky, very quiet, and very unsure.

"Mom?"

Wait, what? Her mom? How is this even possible? How did she know where Allie was? She hadn't seen her in years, and yet here she is? I look back at Allie. Her eyes are still wide like a deer caught in the headlights of an oncoming semi truck. Her eyes are quickly filling with water. Tears drip out of both eyes the second she finally blinks. I can't tell what she's feeling. For the first time ever I can't read her expression or tell what she's thinking. Is she happy? Is she sad? Is she mad? I search her face trying to figure this whole thing out. Her hand tightens on mine before she opens her mouth.

"W-what are y...what are you doing here?" From the tone, i know she's definitely not happy. She's mad, irritated and confused. I am too.

"I'm here to see you sweetie."

"Don't. Don't call me that. H-how did you find me?"

Her mom looks upset at how Allie is reacting to seeing her. She walks closer to us, I can feel Allie's whole body tense up.

"A friend of mine saw your name on one of the guys' feeds. She knew I had a daughter named Allison and showed me your picture. I knew right away it was you. You look the same, just older. Then I saw they were doing an interview here in Orlando and I came to see if you'd be here with them. And here you are..."

"So what? You live here or something?" Allie is cold towards her.

"Yeah, about 3 years now."

I'm standing next to Allie, not saying a word. I don't know what to say.

"You're Harry right? I'm Denise Palmer. Allison's mother."

"Palmer? And no one calls me Allison anymore. Don't call me that."

"Oh, sorry. And yeah, your dad left me two years ago so I went back to my maiden name."

I feel like I'm watching a tennis match, my head shooting back and forth as they exchange words. I finally whisper to Allie "Are you ok? I can have her removed if you want me to..."

She finally looks at me and shakes her head. "No, I'm ok." m her vision darts back to her mom.

"What do you want? Why are you here?" I've never seen or hear Allie be so unemotional in her words. But I understand. She doesn't know this woman standing here. She never did.

"I'm here to see you. To see my daughter." Denise walks closer, standing a couple of feet from us. Her hand reaches out and touches Allie's hair. Allie flinches away from her and hisses at her. "Don't touch me."

I almost feel bad for her Denise. Almost. I remind myself all the things she put this beautiful girl through.

"Your hair got long..."

"Yeah, that's usually what happens when you don't see someone for five fucking years!" Allie snaps at her. Her eyes filling with tears again. I hate seeing her like this. But I don't interfere. They need to do this so they can move on and have closure. Allie needs that.

Allison's POV

My blood is boiling. I'm so pissed that she had the nerve to show up here. By the looks of her she hasn't changed her ways. She looks old. Way older than she is. That's what drugs and alcohol do over time to a person's body. I wouldn't be surprised if she's messed up right now.