Chapter 80

Harry's POV

"It feels good to get those staples out of my head. I can finally wash my hair properly. Well....kind of." Allie looks at her arm still in the cast and crinkles her nose. "Stupid arm..." She mumbles to herself.

"Well atleast we get to go home today." I remind her.

"Thank god. I'm ready to get home and sleep in our bed. This hospital bed is so uncomfortable. And you, sleeping in that couch. You need a good nights sleep too." She hobbles from the bathroom and sits next to me on the bed. We've been here almost a month and I've slept on this couch the whole time.

"No shit. This couch is not only uncomfortable, it's about a foot too short for me." She leans into me and I put my arm around her. "It's worth it, as long a you're ok it's worth it."

We wait for Dr. Johnson to come and fill out the final paperwork to discharge her so we can go home. It's been the longest few weeks of my life and I'm physically, mentally, and emotionally drained. I know she is too. She's able to hobble around without crouches since she has the hard cast down to her ankle, which she's lucky for since her left arm is also in a cast, she couldn't use crutches if she wanted to.

I stand up and gather the last bit of her things and have it all packed in her little bag and it sits by the door. Finally Dr. Johnson comes in.

"I take it your ready to get out of here?" He chuckles as he sees her things packed and ready.

"More than ready." She sighs and smiles.

They both sign paperwork and she gives Dr. Johnson a hug before we are finally able to leave. "Thank you again for everything you did for her. I'll never be able to tell you how grateful I am for you." I go to shake Dr. Johnson's hand, then decide to hug him. Truth is, without this man she may not be here and I'd be lost.

"It was my pleasure. You helped too son. You're a lucky girl Allie, don't let him get away." He smiles at her and she grins.

"I know, trust me I know." She puts her arm around my waist and rests her head to my chest.

"I don't mean this the way it sounds, but I hope I never see either of you here again." He lets out a little chuckle and pats my back. "Ok, you're free to go. You'll need to come back in 4 weeks to get your casts off. Other than that, I don't want to see you again." He clarifies.

"Yes sir. See you in 4 weeks. Thanks again." Allie smiles and I grab her bag and help her out of the room and down the hall. "God it feels good to get out of that room." We slowly make our way to the elevator and push the ground level button. She stays stuck to my side, my arm around her shoulder. When we get to the ground level, there's a small group of girls waiting outside the front doors.

"Oh my god, there she is!" One of them squeals and they rush towards us. There's probably 20 of them all with their cell phones in their hands getting pictures as we exit the hospital.

"Hi guys..." Allie sounds unsure.

"Can I get a picture? Oh my god you're amazing! You saved Harry!"

I look at Allie and whisper "You can say no you know? You're just getting out, you don't have to do this..."

"I'm fine Harry, really." She smiles and leans towards one of the girls and the others snap pictures. They each take turns getting their picture with her, some snapping pictures of me as well and I try to smile even though I'm worried about her.

"You're very brave. I can't believe you did that. You risked your life for him!" One girl hollers.

"Of course I did. I love him." She smiles at me and they all "awww!" in unison and I laugh.