Chapter 61

Harry's POV

I didn't get the text from Allie until an hour later. It's just before 6 and I decide I'm going to get ready to go. All I can think about is getting home and hugging Allie tightly. Robert's death makes me want to marry Allie now. It's like I don't want to go another day without her being my wife. But, I know I can't do that yet. For one, I want to plan it a little more so I can make it perfect and at the beach. Second, there's no way I'd ask her to marry me during a time like this. Doesn't mean I don't want to though.

I get to our flat and I hear the soft sound of the TV coming from the living room. I try and keep quiet so I don't wake Barbara up, so I set my bag down quietly and walk more into the living room. "Allie?" I whisper loudly. I don't get a response but I see her out of the corner of my eye asleep on the couch. "Hey baby? I'm home." I say quietly as I smooth her hair against her head. She hums before looking up at me, and I give her a smile. She pops up quickly and looks like she could cry. From the looks of her eyes and face, that's about all she's done today. Her arms wrap tightly around my neck as she's standing on her tippy toes, squeezing me tight. I get off balance as she basically jumps on me. Wrapping my arms around her waist, I squeeze her back just as tight.

"I'm so glad you're here. I love you!" Her voice is shaky.

"I love you too. " I feel her body slightly shaking as she's starting to cry and trying to hold it in. "Hey....Hey....don't cry, I'm here...I'm here..." I whisper in her ear trying to calm her down.

"I know, it's just I can't help it. Seeing Barbara so hurt, I don't want to lose you like she did Robert. Can we just stay like this forever? Please?"

"Allie you're not going to lose me like that. Robert was older, and was more than likely sick. I'm not going anywhere baby, so don't worry yourself about it. I'm here." I rub her back and try to reassure her that nothing is going to happen to me. She holds the tight grasp around my neck for a few minutes, then finally letting loose and looks in my eyes.

"You should have seen her at the park Harry. And the way she broke down and started throwing the coins in the fountain wishing for him to come back to her...shit. It just broke my heart. And it freaked me out that something could happen to you. God I don't know what I'd do if something happened to you." She's working herself up into a panic and I put my hands on her shoulders and lean down, looking directly in her eyes.

"Nothing is going to happen to me. Ok? Just relax." I kiss her forehead before pulling her into a hug, her face nuzzles into my chest and she nods. "I guess she's still sleeping?"

"Yeah, she's been out for about 2 hours. She's exhausted. I debated on whether or not I should wake her and take her to her house to get clothes or whatever she needs, but I figured I should just let her be. What do you think?"

"Let her sleep. Maybe we can wake her up in a little bit and see if she wants to run over there real quick. She probably needs to eat something, you too." I run my fingers in her long hair, still holding her close. "I'm going to go jump in the shower real quick and clean up."

"Ok. I'm going to peek in and check on her, make sure she's ok." I turn and walk to our bedroom and in our bathroom, starting the shower. Allie looks so sad for Barbara, and her worrying about me isn't helping anything. I don't want her to know deep down I'm worrying just as much about her now. Death seems like something you almost forget about until you're confronted with it by someone around you dying. Then all the sudden you remember, everyone is going to die at some point, it's just a matter of when. And it's making me freak the hell out that it really can happen any time, anywhere, to anyone. I just pray it doesn't happen to Allie until we're old and have lived a long happy life together. In a perfect world, we'd die together when we're old. That way I won't have to go a single day without her. I shake my head, I have to stop thinking these morbid thoughts. I have to be strong for Allie, and Barbara. I don't want Allie to know I worry just like she does, not about this. I get undressed and open the shower door, the steam comes billowing out. I step in and let the hot, almost scalding water run over me. When I shut the water off I can hear faint talking coming from the living room. I hurry up and dry off, throwing on a clean pair of jeans and a plain t-shirt. In the living room I see Allie and Barbara sitting on the couch. Barbara looks so tired, so sad, and so broken inside. Allie turns to me as I get closer, hearing my footsteps approaching them. I give a sympathetic smile to Barbara as her watery eyes meet mine. She stands up as I stand infront of her and I give her a hug, she feels so fragile as my arms go around her back. She's silently crying, I can feel her hands fist my t-shirt. Here's that awkward part where I don't know what to say, so I just tell her I'm really sorry for her loss. She pulls back from me nodding her head slightly as she tries to catch her breath.