Chapter 6

*One week later*

Allison's POV

So it's been a week. A long, stressful week. Harry never tweeted again, but I saw Zayn tweet about doing a radio interview in NYC this morning. He's here. He's so close. I spent all last week stressing out about what I'm going to do and now it's come down to the wire. Today is Friday and he wants me to meet him tonight. I still haven't decided. I sit at my desk, tapping my pen on the paperwork in front of me while I stare out the window. I hear Tammy clear her thought, which startles me and I glance at her. She's staring at me. I wonder how long she's been watching me. "What?"   I stop tapping my pen and set it down. I start looking over my paperwork so it looks like I'm working. I look back at Tammy and sheepishly smile.

"Oh you don't fool me. I've been watching you for about 10 minutes, totally lost in your thoughts. Spill it. I know what today is, but what are you thinking?" She raises her eyebrows for me to talk.

"I still don't know what to do. It's 4:30pm. Which means I have about 9 hours to figure out what I'm going to do. I would have to be there at 1:30. 9 hours to make a decision that could potentially change my life forever. And I haven't the slightest idea what I'm going to do. Tammy!  Heeelllppp!"  I whine at her and pout, sticking out my bottom lip.

"You know I can't tell you what to do. But if it was me, I'd go for it. Love is worth the risk.  What if he's your soul mate?"  She smiles and wiggles her eyebrows at me. I crumple up a piece of paper and throw it at her and laugh. She's right, I have to. I don't want to look back and wonder 'what if'. Plus, I need to tell him the truth. The truth of why I was up there that night. I've had dreams about it. In the dreams I tell him up on the roof after he pulls away from the ledge that I also came up there to jump. And then he looks at me disgusted and walks away from me. I don't want that to happen. But he has to know.  I never told Tammy my plans for that night either. No one knew and I feel like Harry deserves to know. I have felt guilty and felt like a hypocrite. Harry thinks I'm some angelic savior sent from above to save his life, when I'm anything but that. I made up my mind...I'm going to meet him tonight and hope for the best.  After a while of silence I nod, smile and look at Tammy. "Ok.  I'm going to do it. God help me..."  She squeals and claps while making her way to my desk, hugging me.   I hope I'm making the right choice.

A couple hours later I head home to my apartment. I take a hot bubble bath, trying to calm my nerves. I can feel my heart beating hard and fast. I lay in the bath for so long my fingers are turned into prunes. A good sign it's time to get out. I dry off, wrapping the towel around my body, hair dripping down my back. I glance at the clock and see it's almost 8:00. I look in my closet trying to figure out what to wear. I want to look nice, but I don't want to look like I'm trying too hard. I pick out a pair of black skinny jeans, a pink tank top with stars on it, and my pink Converse. I grab my black light weight cardigan and drape it over the couch.  I decided to let my hair air dry after brushing out any tangles. My hair is a little longer than mid-back and air dries with slight waves. My stomach growls.  I need to get something to eat; I didn't eat lunch because my nerves are so shot. I make a salad and cut up some chicken breast I had as leftovers. I'm trying to take time so I won't have to just sit and wait. I sit down and eat my salad, semi watching whatever was on the TV. I finish and wash the dishes, wipe down the counter and look at the clock. It's midnight.  I have over an hour to burn and it'll only take me 20 minutes to walk to the hotel. I decided to grab my purse, put on my cardigan, walking out the door and locking it behind me. Here we go.  I walked until I was a block away from the hotel. I noticed a Starbucks so I slip inside and order a caramel macchiato. Oh how I love these. I sit at a table outside and people watch. I love watching people just go about their business, and New York City is a great place for it. I notice a cool breeze blowing. For August it sure is cool out. I look at my phone and the temperature says 75, It feels just like it did last year. I close my eyes and breathe in deep, smiling. I can't believe I'm about to see Harry again. I hope it's not awkward.

Harry's POV

We are staying at a different hotel this year. Luckily it's dark out so no one will notice me. The boys all pat my back and I walk by, all wishing me good luck. I smile and tell them thanks.  All the fans are outside our actual hotel and I sneak out the back, hoodie pulled up giving my face a little shield. 2 blocks, that's all I have to walk before I'm there. I look around, hoping to see her. I glance at my watch; it's only 1:15am. I won't start to worry yet. She still has a bit before its 'time'. I make way way up  the elevator and open the door to the roof. I look around, hoping she would already be there. But it's empty. I close my eyes and breathe in deep. Please come. I walk slowly over to the ledge I sat on one year ago. I rest my hands on it and peer over. I can't believe I was actually going to do that. I thank God Allie showed up when she did. I remember how mad I was when she interrupted. But now, so thankful.

I notice myself checking my watch just about every minute, which is making matters worse. Stop looking at the time Harry. Calm down. Deep breaths. I breathe in, and out, slowly. I can hear my heartbeat getting faster and I'm nervous. No one has ever made me this nervous before. Get it together. It's just a girl. It's just...Allie.

Allison's POV

It's time. I walk towards the hotel and pass the front desk. I find the elevators and quickly head up. I have to grab the one set of stairs that lead to the roof. I slowly make my way up. My hand grabs the handle and I stop. I collect myself and breathe deeply. My hands are shaking and I feel as if my legs will give out. I shake my head and slowly turn the handle, pushing the door open slowly.

My breath catches in my throat as I see him standing by the ledge he once sat on. I don't make a sound. He hasn't turned around yet and I want to admire him for a few seconds. His hands are rested against the ledge, his strong back towards me. I can see his back muscles contract as he breaths. His curls are in clear view, no beanie this time. I gasp at how gorgeous he is, even from behind. He hears my gasp for air and turns to face me.

"It's you. You came...."  He stares at me, but doesn't move.

"And it's you.  And yes, I came."  I'm feeling shy, not sure what to say. He smiles wide, his dimples indenting in his cheeks. I can't take my eyes off him. He takes a step towards me slowly, his eyes never leaving mine. I slowly close the gap, mimicking his movements as we make our way closer.

***Pleeease comment and leave feedback!!