Legend 28: Helping Hand

~Y/N's POV~
Me, Yona, and Yoon were all in a room that the manager of the shop had brought us into.
Sighing softly, I rubbed my index finger against Ao's cheek as the tiny creature sat on my shoulder.
"Piku~" He squeaked, causing me to relax slightly.
One more day till the battle against Yang Keum-ji. I thought, screaming with the other two as the floor beneath us suddenly disappeared.
This was the start of a dark and long night.

____Quick Time Skip____
I couldn't see anything, and as I shuffled around, I was forced onto my side by what felt like a large bump underneath me.
So we're being moved...
As my eyes began to adjust to the darkness, I gazed around and saw that I was in some sort of wagon. Yona and Yoon were here as well, though Yoon was still knocked out, and I wasn't sure if Yona was or wasn't awake, since she stayed in a fatal position.
"Piku~?" I smiled and patted the top of Ao's head as he stayed on my shoulder.
"Nice to know you're still with us." I sighed and leaned against the back of the wagon, closing my eyes for a second, before feeling movement around my neck.
Glancing down, I saw Ao pulled a familiar charm that had been hidden under my dress.
Softly caressing the key shaped charm, I spun it between my index finger and thumb, gazing at the black dragon carved into the white stone.
Akio, we're all safe. I do not know for how much longer, but know we will be alright. I thought with my eyes closed.
I can't believe you're doing this. I could almost hear my brother's sigh through the link that we shared between the two necklaces. Just make sure to keep Yona-hime safe.
Of course I'd protect her, even if she wasn't our master I wouldn't let my brother's possible future bride get hurt~ I grinned slightly, just imagining the scarlet color that covered my twin's pale cheeks.
The back of the wagon was suddenly opened, causing me, and Yona who had been awake, to shield our eyes from the bright sunlight.
"Wake up your friend. Make it quick." The man stated in quick wording, looking a bit impatient.
I instantly hid the charm while Yona shook Yoon up.
The three of us then followed the man through a long hallway. As he opened the door, my eyes widened as I stared in shock at all of the girls and women who were in the room.
I could almost smell their fear.
"Get inside!" The man suddenly pushed the three of us into the room, causing us to fall flat onto our faces while the door was slammed right behind us.
"Ow." Hearing the pained grunt, I looked in horror over at Yona, who had moved towards her ankle.
Not even a minute in, and I've already failed. I bitterly thought while Yoon desperately took a look at the young princess's ankle which now looked pink and swollen.
"It's sprained." I spoke aloud, flinching internally at how blunt I sounded. Why do I do that?
Everyone's attention then went to the large door as it opened with a loud creak.
Keum-ji. I narrowed my eyes at the man that Jaeha and I had observed for a few hours, before having reported to Auntie Gi-gang about the market and my plan.
"I see, they are high-quality. Seems like Awa's still go something to offer." The damned pig smirked as he looked over all the girls, stroking his chin and observing us as if we were some sort of precious cargo.
"Lord Keum-ji, what is this?  We heard that there were jobs for us." A desperate young girl, maybe as old as Hak, asked.
"There are jobs. There are lots of fun jobs to be performed." Keum-ji replied, causing me to growl lowly in disgust.
I watched with a dagger filled gaze as Keum-ji walked deeper into the room, before grabbing onto Yona's hair and pulling her up by it.
"Red hair, huh? Indeed, this is rare. She's got a pretty face, too. It's almost a shame to sell her away." Keum-ji smirked.
"Leave her alone you bastard!" I snarled, ready to tackle the damned pig, though Yoon was holding me back by clutching onto my wrist with a tight grip.
"Oh? A feisty one hmm...?" Keum-ji let go of Yona and then grabbed my hair, giving me the same rough treatment as my master. "Pretty face, unique silver fiery eyes. Ones like you are always fun to brake." He smirked, and I flinched. His breath reeked of alcohol and rotting meat.
"If the whole cargo is this great, then it wouldn't hurt us much even if I kept one for myself."
I froze from my struggling, my eyes wide in shock and fear. No, no, please do not let this happen! I can't-
"Lord Keum-ji, I-I believe you'd find me more satisfying than that girl." I looked over at the girly dressed Yoon with shock.
Seeing through his sky blue eyes I could tell that he was scared.
Baka! Never mind, take me instead of that baka! I must protect...my friends! Even as I felt my rage building up inside of me, something kept me from speaking.
"Don't pay any attention to her, please choose me to be by your side." Yoon smiled innocently as he clutched his hands in front of his chest.
Keum-ji dropped me, and though my scalp was throbbing in pain, I quickly scooted over to Yona and wrapped my arms around her protectively.
The next thing I know is Keum-ji punches Yoon in the stomach, causing my best friend to fall onto his knees with blood coming out of his mouth.
"Do not interrupt me when I'm enjoying myself!" Keum-ji shouted over the terrified screams of the girls.
I watched as the man who had pushed us in tried talking Keum-ji from hurting Yoon any further, before being kicked into a wall.
"I said do not interrupt me!" Keum-ji scowled, before smirking as he turned back to Yoon, placing his boot on Yoon's head. "Good, very good. It's best for a woman to be submissive and quiver quietly, just like that red haired and silver eyed girl!" I gazed around, noticing how most of the girls were looking away from the scene or were quivering like leaves in the autumn breeze.
The bastard's rant stopped suddenly though, and as I followed his line of gaze, I also froze in my spot.
Yona's usually shining violet orbs were now glowing like the embers in a flame. It definitely intimidated me, so it must be intimidating this pig.
"Girl, are you from Awa?" Keum-ji asked.
Shit.
"Hai." Yona dully answered.
"In the past, I've seen red hair like yours once, at the Crimson Dragon Castle." I instantly tensed up. "It was a glimpse from afar, but her hair reflected in the sun. Her name was Princess Yona. Her age was about yours. Could it be that you're Princess Yona?"
Yona began to tremble in my arms, and the fire in her eyes vanished. He's got us cornered!
I watched in surprise as Yona pulled out of my grip and bowed in front of Keum-ji. "I am a daughter of a poor merchant in Awa. I came here because I heard you were hiring people for new jobs. I don't know anything about a red-haired princess, but if it's better for your business to have me impersonate this princess, then I will introduce myself as Princess Yona."
My eyes flickered between the pig and my master, wondering what will happen next.
"Ha! Looks like I took a joke too far. Unlike you, Princess Yona has self-respect. She wouldn't bow her head to the ground just to get a job, you lowlife!"
I couldn't help a smirk as it crossed my lips. Stupid bastard.
"Yoon, are you alright?" Yona instantly went to Yoon's side, as if what had just happened didn't occur at all.
"Yeah, but look at your ankle, its turning blue. It must be painful." I glanced at Yona's ankle, and sure enough it looked pretty bad.
"Not at all. I've forgotten about the pain." Yona stated.
"This is getting interesting. I won't forget my pain." Yoon grinned. "I'm going to make them pay one-hundred times worse."
"What Lord Keum-ji just said just now...'sell', as in, sell us off?" A scared sounding girl asked from behind me.
The girl who she had talked to then ran to the door, beginning to bang on it. "Let me out! Let me out of here! Someone! Someone, help me! Someone!" She shouted, sounding more than pitiful in my ears.
"It's no use." I guess I wasn't the only one who saw the futile attempts the girl was making.
Turning around, I saw a woman, maybe Jaeha, or maybe even Kija's, age. She was huddled against the wall, her midnight black bangs covering one of her eyes.
"I've been trapped in here for two weeks. You can cry and scream, but no one will listen." The woman's tone was dull, but it seemed to get the job done as the girl slowly went back to sitting beside her friend. "We are just a way to make money for Lord Keum-ji. This town has always been a place like this, remember?"
It went eerily silent in the room, as I looked at the solemn faces of the girls who weren't hiding behind their bangs, I could tell that they were remembering some pretty harsh memories.
"Have you ever wanted to make a change?" I instantly looked at Yona as she spoke.
"A change in what?" The woman asked.
"This town." Yona answered. "Have you ever thought about fighting back, to kick Yang Keum-ji out of this town so we can all live freely?"
"What? Are you really from this town? Only outsiders and strong people would say such things." The woman smiled a bit, though it was more of a bitter one than a kind one. "That, or someone seriously stupid."
"I know people who aren't especially strong, but are risking their lives fighting to change this town." Yona stated.
"And two even more helpless girls that try to support such idiots." Yoon grinned.
"Yoon." I glared at him.
"I don't know who you're talking about, Yoon?" Yona replied in a sarcastic tone.
Oops, Hak will probably kill me when he finds out I taught the princess sarcasm.
"What are you saying? That someone's coming to save us? There's no one that stupid." The woman said, making me feel a bit depressed.
This was my plan after all.
Yona smiled. "I don't know about that, but if that 'stupid' someone offers a helping hand, please believe in them and take their hand." It was quiet as everyone stared at Yona. "If you wish to live, then please...desperately struggle for survival."

~3rd POV~
While the girls were being loaded onto the ship, blindfolded, Gi-gang's ship and crew were waiting in the waters. All awaiting for the upcoming battle, as well as those who have literally tossed themselves into the middle of it.
"Hak, Akio, you should rest a little. You've been in that position since yester-" Jaeha began to speak as he walked up to the ravenette and silver haired males, both leaning against the edge of the ship and staring at the port with a dark look in their eyes.
"I sleep like this." Akio stated, glancing at the Green Dragon, before looking back at the port.
"Besides, you should tell that to White Snake." Hak added, as the two males then looked over at the White Dragon, who was screaming something while the crew members were trying to tell him he was just dreaming.
"What's up with him?" Jaeha deadpanned.
"He dozes off every so often, then jumps up and picks a fight with the air." Hak answered bluntly.
"Jeez, Kija's pretty face is ruined." Jaeha sighed.
"Green Dragon...has bags...under his eyes.." Shin-ah suddenly appeared behind Jaeha.
Jaeha jumped. "C-could you not whisper right behind me, Shin-ah!?" Jaeha exclaimed in his surprise.
Geez, Y/N did that a lot, I should probably be used to that by now. The Green Dragon thought.
"Green Dragon...hasn't slept, too." Shin-ah calmly continued to speak.
Jeaha smiled. "Me? No way. I ate well and slept well." He said.
The other dragon descendants and Hak looked at the green haired man unamused. "I even had fun with a girl last night. I'm as relaxed as I can be."
That's when the males, other than Shin-ah who just watched, and Akio who went back to staring at the port, tackled the green haired man.
"I've been tainted...but it kind felt painful and good." Jaeha stated.
"Stop stripping." Hak bluntly stated as Jaeha's sleeve slid down his shoulder.
"He did have bags under his eyes!" Kija exclaimed.
"Like I said, I was with a girl last-"
"Green Dragon was at the crow's nest all night yesterday." Akio sighed, finally looking straight at the Green Dragon.
"You're watching a little too closely. Jeez, I must be loved." Jaeha grumbled.
"Then you're worried sick about them too, aren't you?" Kija grinned in triumph.
"So what? Yes, I'm worried about the kid." Jaeha sighed.
"Y/N too, it's obvious." Akio added, causing some of the males to tense.
"Of course I am, they're just little girls." Jaeha stated.
"As long as you feel the same was as I do, then it doesn't matter." Kija grinned even more. "That alone is a good enough reason to trust you have my back in a battle."
"Whatever." Jaeha blushed a bit as he looked away. "Anyways, aren't you worried about the other cute one who talks a lot? 'Yoon', was it? He also looked weak and is in danger, too." He said as he stood up.
"He'll be fine." Hak brushed it off.
"Hai, he may be young, but he is intelligent and a hard worker." Kija nodded. "Sometimes I even find myself actually looking up to him." Kija stated, as Shin-ah nodded in agreement.
"Plus Y/N and Yona-hime are there to make sure he's alright. Those two are loyal, they won't allow anything to happen to him." Akio added, a serious expression on his usually childish features.
"Shin-ah!" Gi-gang suddenly shouted from the steering wheel.
"The ships at the port...have started to move." Shin-ah said as he looked towards the port.
"Get ready, pip-squeaks." Everyone immediately got into position. "Tonight, the special treasure we're after...is the head of Awa's lord, Yang Keum-ji!" Gi-gang shouted.