Sorry - 미안해

There are different ways to say sorry in korean.

Informal (these are to those, younger, same age, friends and siblings) :

미안해 - mi-an-hae - sorry (to make this formal, simply add a 요 - yo, at the end. It will become, 미안해요 - mi-an-hae-yo) (The letter m will sound like b. Like, bi-an-hae/bi-an-hae-yo)

미안 - mi-an - sorry (The letter m will sound like b. Like, bi-an)

You can also add 나 - na - I. In front of 미안해 and 미안. So it will be like, 나 미안해 and 나 미안. But it's ok, without the 나. It will still be the same meaning, because you are talking about yourself.

Now let's take the formal way to say sorry. ( older than you or strangers) :

미안합니다 - mi-an-hab-ni-da - sorry (you can't hear the letter b in the word, it will be silent when you say it. And the letter n will sound like m. And the letter m will sound like b. Like, bi-an-ha-mi-da)

죄송합니다 - je-song-hab-ni-da - sorry

죄송해요 - je-song-hae-yo - sorry (the letter j will sound like ch. And the letter b will sound like m. And the letter n is silent when you say the word. Like, che-song-ham-i-da)

But the 3 most important ways of sorry are:

1. 미안해 - mi-an-hae (informal)

2. 미안합니다 - mi-an-hab-ni-da (formal)

3. 죄송합니다 - je-song-hab-ni-da (formal)

Culture:

When you apologize for someone, you have to bow for them. If they are older than you or strangers.

So how was this lesson? Was it useful? If there is anything you want to know about, then tell me in the comments!