Common Korean phrases - KDRAMA?

So here is a bunch of korean phrases and if you watch Korean dramas you'll definitely recognize some these.

These are all formal

잘부탁드려요 - jal-bu-tak-deu-ryeo-yo - please take care of _____ (me, this, her, him whatever you want to refer to. But in most korean dramas it means please take care of me. Whenever someone is transferring to a new school)

And there is: 잘부탁드립니다 - jal-bu-tak-deu-rib-ni-da which means the same as the ome above.

사랑해요 - sa-rang-hae-yo - I love you (remove the 요 - yo, to make it informal)

제발 가지마 - je-bal ka-ji-ma - please  don't go  (look up the please chapter for more information about please - 제발.)

뭐하세요? - mwo-ha-se-yo? - what are you doing?

뭐해? - mwo-hae? - what are you doing? (Informal)

미쳤나봐 - mi-chyeot-na-bwa - ___ must be crazy / ___ must be out of ___ mind (depending on what or who you are talking about)

For example: you must be out of your mind

너 미쳤어? - neo mi-chyeos-eo? - are you crazy? / Are you out of your mind?

나 미치겠다 - na mi-chi-ket-da - I am going crazy

Here are some questions that Koreans might ask you although you just met, but don't worry. These questions are all just to show friendly interest!

몇살이에요? - myeoch-sar-i-e-yo? (Myeoch actually sounds like myeot) - How old are you?

몇년생이에요? - myeoch(myeot)-nyeon-saeng-i-e-yo? - in what year were you born? Or generally:  how old are you?

여자친구 있어요? - yeo-ja-chin-gu is-eo-yo? - do you have a girlfriend? (Remove 요 to make it informal.)

남자친구 있어요? - nam-ja-chin-gu is-eo-yo? - do you have a boyfriend? (Remove 요 to make it informal.)

이름이 뭐에요? - i-reum-i  mwo-e-yo? - what is your name?

How do you answer these questions?  Here you go!

Remember all are formal speech!

몇살이에요? - how old are you?
저는 ___ 살이에요. (Jeo-neun ___ sar-i-e-yo. )  I am ___ years old. (Koreans use the korean numbers and not the chinese that we learned earlier (I will make a chapter with them malter, but I have a lot of lessons listed before them.) And if you are under 6 years old, they usually say how many months they are (remember to include the pregnancy months as well) so if you are one year they say 십이 개월 살이에요 - sip kae-wol sar-i-e-yo)

여자친구 있어요? - Do you have a girlfriend?

네, 있어요. -  ne, is-eo-yo. - Yes, I have.

아니요, 없어요. - a-ni-yo eobs-eo-yo - no, I don't have.

And the same answers can be used for the boyfriend question.

이름이 뭐에요? - what is your name?

내 이름은 ___ 에요. - nae i-reum-eun ___ e-yo. - My name is ___.

Now you're all ready to have a nice conversation with a Korean speaking person!