An Angry Meif~wa

Y/N's POV

I hold Zenix's hand as we walk to iHOP with Gene and Sasha. Vylad had some more unpacking in his new apartment, so he couldn't go. When we get to the resteraunt, Gene doesn't wait to be seated and automatically walks through to find the best table. In fact, he does find a nice booth, which coincidentally, Laurence, Garroth, Dante, and Travis are eating breakfast in the booth next to ours. Sasha, Zenix, and Gene all ignore the boys, but I can't help but steal a glance at them. Travis shoots me a confused look and Garroth and Laurence both smile at me. Dante avoids my gaze and I almost want to yell at him for being so annoying. He can't just ignore me... can he? We seat ourselves in the booth; I sit next to Zenix, Sasha sits across from him, and Gene sits next to her and across from me. Zenix hasn't let go of my hand yet and I don't know whether to let go or not. Surprisingly, Kawaii~Chan walks over to our table and I give her a funny look. She returns it.
"Y/N~Sama?!" Kawaii~Chan gasps. I see her look down at the connection of my hand with Zenix's and I suddenly blush.
"Kawaii~Chan, I thought you worked at the maid cafe!" Gene exclaims. Wait, what does he know?
"How do you know that?!" Sasha laughs, as if she can read my thoughts, "Have you been there?!" Gene turns red from embarrassment and looks at his feet.
"Gene~Kun has been to the maid cafe a few times!" Kawaii~Chan answers, giggling, "I am just working here to get some more money for---" she cuts herself off and glares at Zenix without him seeing. This whole situation is giving me a bad feeling and I squeeze Zenix's hand as a silent reaction. "Y/N~Sama, can I talk to you for a second?" Kawaii~Chan asks me. I blink a few times before looking at Zenix, expecting him to give me a confused look, but he shrugs just before releasing my hand. I wish he hadn't let go.
"Be right back," I say to him as I get out of the booth and walk with Kawaii~Chan toward the kitchen. She pushes the door and holds it open so I can walk through. When she closes the door, Kawaii~Chan's cheeks turn red with anger.
"WHY ARE YOU HOLDING HANDS WITH ZENIX~KUN?!" she screeches, "YOU SHOULD BE DOING THAT WITH DANTE~KUN!"
"W-what?!" I sputter. Sighing, I realize that this was to be expected of her. "Kawaii~Chan, I don't like Dante like that. I just want to be his friend, but now he's all angry at me..." I roll my eyes, pretending to be annoyed, but I think I feel more hurt toward the situation than anything.
"But Kawaii~Chan thought you were a cute couple," she sniffles, "I even changed my shipping shrine for D/S/N..." Kawaii~Chan looks at me hard, "But why did you pick Zenix~Kun out of all people, Y/N~Sama?"
"He's not what most people think."
"Kawaii~Chan heard that he has anger issues, and that when he gets angry, he punches holes in his walls and tears apart the furniture in his home."
"That's what everyone thinks," I begin to explain, "but Zenix has never done any of those things. Yes, he may have slight anger issues, but he doesn't take it out on anyone or anything. In fact," I pause, wondering if he wants everyone to know. Maybe he doesn't want people to know about the whole cutting himself thing... "his house is very nice." I decide not to tell her. If Zenix wants to keep that a secret between him and me, I'm going to keep it that way.
"Really?! Kawaii~Chan never knew that!" Kawaii~Chan exclaims, "Kawaii~Chan doesn't ship Y/N~Sama and Zenix~Kun just yet, but maybe someday she will!" I smile,
"Thanks, Kawaii~Chan."
"Mmhm! Now, let me get you guys some food!" Kawaii~Chan ushers me out of the kitchen, but she stops me short. I turn to face her.
"Yeah?"
"Well," Kawaii~Chan says, daydreaming, "It's just that when you went to Phoenix Drop High with me, Dante used to have a HUGE crush on you, and you liked him a little bit back!"
"R-really?!" I ask, blushing, "I don't really remember high school very well..."
"Maybe we can look through a yearbook sometime or something!" Kawaii~Chan smiles.
"Yeah, sure!"
"Yay!" Kawaii~Chan jumps, "Maybe there is a chance for my ship still!" I roll my eyes and walk back over to the booth. As I sit down, Zenix asks,
"So what did Kawaii~Chan want to talk to you about?" I look over at the booth that the boys are sitting at and stare at Dante for a minute. He, of course, doesn't face me, but I see his pupils look over at me for a second in the corner of his eye.
"Oh nothing..." I murmur, turning back to Zenix, "It's a long story."

I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter! Thanks for reading! More will be coming soon!
Nya,
Soccerkitty7