You Feel Love and I Feel Misery

Y/N's POV

As I am taking a walk around the neighborhood, I see Dante running toward me. I smile,
"Hi Dante!"
"Hi Y/N! How are you?" Dante asks.
"Pretty good! You?"
"Amazing actually!" he smiles wide, "I was just wondering if you wanted to play some video games with me or something." I consider this and then become more aware of my surroundings. For example, we are standing right in front of Zenix's house... But he doesn't see this, so no worries... Right?
"Sure! I'm cool with that!" I reply half-heartedly. Honestly, I would rather be taking a walk while talking to Zenix or something, but this can't be too bad. He takes my hand, which surprises me and I jump a little. He blushes,
"S-sorry, that was sudden..." He looks ashamed and I feel sympathy.
"It's okay. Let's just go," I assure him and he leads me to his house, his hand not letting go of mine the whole way there.

Zenix's POV

Oh my Irene, this is just creepy... and sickening. I mean, I am just looking out for Y/N, so technically it's not creepy. And anyway, they were right outside of my house, so how was I supposed to not open my window and listen? Gah, stupid Zenix! You are such a stalker! I move away from my window and lay on my bed. Taking the book I am reading right now from my nightstand, underneath it is something I was trying to hide from myself- the knife. The one I continuously cut myself with when I get angry. I... I need to stop that... I ignore it and open my book.
"S-sorry, that was sudden..." I hear Dante say to Y/N from outside my window. I immediately drop my book and rush to the window... He... he is holding her hand...
"It's okay. Let's just go," Y/N assures Dante and they walk toward his house. Not once does Dante let go of  Y/N's hand, nor does she try to pull away. As Dante holds his front door open for Y/N, I slam my window shut out of anger and stare at my hands. No... No... No, Zenix, no... I whip my head around and look at the knife on my nightstand again. My hands feel drawn to it... As if it wants to rip me apart... NO. NO. NO... No... no... I slap my hands and walk out of my room, slamming the door. But before I left, I watched the knife glint at me one more time.

(Sorry, this is going to be a long chapter!)

~Time skip to later that night~

I haven't moved. I don't dare. If I do, my feet will just carry me up the stairs to my treachery. But I hear voices from outside... I CAN'T HELP IT!!! I sprint up the stairs and into my room, trying my hardest to ignore the knife, I open my window and see Dante and Y/N, his hand in hers. I growl to myself.
"That was so fun!" Y/N exclaims.
"It really was! You are SO good at so many video games! We will have to have rematches!" Dante laughs and Y/N laughs too. She... she had a good time...? But how good?! Was it more fun than the time we had together?! "Can I do something?" Dante interrupts my thoughts. I lean farther toward the window.
"Yeah, sure!" Y/N replies, "Anything," I think I heard her whisper. This makes me clench my fists, but I quickly unclench them and drop my mouth open when Dante presses his lips up against Y/N's. My face turns pale and I slam the window, not even caring if they heard it. He... HE KISSED HER! But I love her... what if she doesn't love me?! WHAT IF SHE LOVES DANTE?! WAS IT ALL AN ACT OF PITY WHEN SHE WAS AROUND ME?! I fall onto my knees and look at the knife on my nightstand again. It glints and glimmers according to my eyes. Without thinking, I grab it and hold it out in the palm of my hand. I accidentally take the cord of my bedside lamp with me, so it falls and the lightbulb cracks.
"SCREW IT," I murmur out loud. I take off my jacket and roll up my pants and start making deep cuts in my arms and legs. It hurts like the Nether, but I keep doing it and try not to cry. Not from the pain, but from the misery that once in my life I found someone I love and she loves someone else. Suddenly, I feel dizzy and I drop the knife, holding my head. I hear voices in my head and I know I went to far. I collapse, blood staining me, and watch the world turn black.

Y/N's POV

"Dante..." I gasp. Then I say angrily, "Why did you do that?!"
"I just-"
"No," I interrupt him, "I'm sorry, Dante... I... I don't like you like that. I just want to be your friend, nothing more." He stares at me with sad eyes, so I add, "I'm sorry."
"It's okay..." Dante mutters, looking heartbroken, "Then who does your heart lie with?" I look at Zenix's house and stare at it for a while. A light flickers inside and I cock my head to one side. What was that...? I look back at Dante.
"I don't know yet..." I say honestly, "But I can't say that it is with you, I'm sorry..." I leave Dante eating my dust as I run to Zenix's house. I knock on his front door.
No answer.
I ring his doorbell.
No answer.
"Zenix?!" I yell at the door.
No answer.
I turn the knob and the door is unlocked. "Zenix?!" I call. No answer again and I start to get worried. It is absolutely silent and I walk up the stairs. His bedroom door is open and I hear slight noise. I go inside and gasp at the scene. Tears start flying out of my eyes for who know what reason... no... It is because I love him, that is why... I roll his body over and he has cuts all over him, blood staining his clothes. It makes me want to gag. There is a knife that is covered in his blood next to his hand and I pick it up, immediately setting it next to me so I don't have to hold it. Not knowing what to do, I lay next to him and cry a little bit. "Zenix..." I sob, "Why did you do this to yourself...?!" I close my eyes and just let the tears come out, until I feel lips kiss mine and I quit crying and open my eyes. Zenix.

I hope you guys were okay with the intenseness of this chapter! Sorry for the cliffhanger! Another chapter will be out hopefully tonight, if not very soon! Thanks for reading!
Nya,
Soccerkitty7

P.S. This chapter was over 1100 words! Sorry for making it so long!