Kiss The Cook

Y/N's  POV

"Is there a free breakfast service?" Gene asks when I walk down the stairs. Sasha and Zenix are still asleep, so just Gene and I are awake in the house.
"I have no clue," I reply honestly, "I've just seen adds for it on my YouTube videos, but it says nothing about breakfast."
"Well screw that!" Gene huffs and walks over to me. "How'd you sleep?"
"Pretty good!"
"Wait, did Zenix sleep in the same room as you?"
"Y-yeah..." I blush a bit, but then I add, "He slept on the couch." Gene nods and walks into the mini kitchen and leans on the counter. Then he says,
"Hey, Y/N, can you... uhhh... do a few things for me?"
"Like what?"
"Ummm..." he thinks for a minute, "I need a... starfish..."
"What?" I give him a funny look, but he just smiles.
"I need a starfish! You know, that lives in the ocean?"
"Yes, I know what a starfish is," I groan, "What do you need a starfish for?"
"Uhhhh... Can you just get it?!" He asks, but it's more like a demand. I sigh and nod before putting on my shoes and walking out the door. Walking on the shoreline, I think about why Gene would want a starfish. Like, seriously! That is so random! He was perfectly fine before when he was complaining about there not being breakfast service... That's so weird... I sit on the beach, the soft sand seeping my feet into it.
"The carpet is softer..." I mutter to myself.
"Are you talking to the waves?" someone comes up behind me. It's Dante. "Because I don't think they are waving to you."
"Haha, very funny," I say sarcastically.
"So, what are you doing?"
"Looking for a starfish for Gene."
"That's absurd," Dante crosses his arms, "What the Nether would my brother need a starfish for?!"
"I have no clue, he wouldn't tell me!"
"Wow, okay..."Dante scratches his head. "I bet we can find a starfish..."
"DID SOMEBODY SAY STARFISH?!" Kawaii~Chan comes running up to me, smiling he meif~wa grin, "Lucinda~Chan and Kawaii~Chan went hunting for shells and sand dollars this morning and we found a ton of starfish!"
"Awesome!" I exclaim, "May I have one?"
"Of course, Y/N~Chan!" Kawaii~Chan searches through her pink pail and hands me a slimy green starfish.
"That is disgusting..." Dante sticks out his tongue.
"No kidding..." I hold the starfish with only two fingers, "Thanks..."

~Time Skip~

I walk into the beach house, still holding the starfish, closing the door softly.
"Gene! I have a-" but suddenly a whiff of something really good smelling and I walk quietly into the mini kitchen. I cover my mouth to hide my gasp. Gene is... COOKING?! A white apron is around his neck and tied to his waist and he mixes something in a bowl. IS HE MAKING WAFFLES?! "GENE?!" He whips his head around and sees me and stops what he's doing, his eyes growing wide.
"NO, NO, LEAVE!" He yells and tries to shoo me out, but I just laugh.
"Too late now!" I giggle. "I didn't know you could cook!"
"But so what I can cook?! Why does that matter?!"
"It just... doesn't seem like... your kind of thing... You seem more like an order-a-pizza kind of guy... not a make-your-own-pizza..."
"Well... YEAH, I CAN COOK!" Gene puts his hands in his hips and stands triumphantly. I hold out the starfish to him and he wrinkles his nose. "Ick, what the Nether is that?!"
"A starfish," I roll my eyes, "the thing you told me to get."
"Oh, well that was just a distraction so you wouldn't see what I was doing..." He shows a sly smile, "but I guess I can still use it..."

~Time Skip~

"So this is the breakfast service?" Sasha asks, "Waffles?" Zenix, Gene, Sasha, and I all sit at the little table in the mini kitchen and Gene serves us all a waffle. I never saw what he did with that starfish... but I guess we'll see... We start digging into the waffles, when suddenly, Zenix screams and falls out of his chair.
"OH MY IRENE, ZENIX!" I look at him, "WHAT'S WRONG?!"
"EWWW, IS THAT A STARFISH?!" Sasha shrieks. I look at Zenix's plate and I see that inside of the waffle is... THE STARFISH?!
"GENE!!!" I yell at him and he cracks up, falling out of his chair laughing,
"Kiss the cook, Y/N."

Haha, Zenix! I guess you found out something about Gene you never knew! Thanks for reading! Another chapter will be out soon!
Nya,
Soccerkitty7