Who I Was

Y/N's POV

I lean glumly against the wall outside of Room 23. Well, we all are. Dante, Zenix, Sasha, and I are all crowding the small hallway, waiting impatiently to see what happens with Gene. The nurse passes by us and Dante yells at her,
"You're a nurse?!" The nurse turns around, her red hair whipping Sasha in the cheek. It's Nicole.
"Heh, yeah," Nicole replies, "It's been my job for a while." Dante looks at his feet and the awkward vibes seem to be filling the hallway. Kawaii~Chan had told me that Dante and Nicole used to have a thing for each other, but something happened, that is not discussed, broke the two apart from each other. And now, it seems as if Nicole is the person in charge of Dante's fate.
"Gene is in there," Dante says softly. Nicole gives off a small smile before saying,
"Don't worry, Dante. I got this." Nicole swiftly strides into Room 23 and softly closes the door. Dante hangs his head.
"It'll be fine," I comfort him, but he doesn't give me a single glance. There is a doctor and a man that walk down the hallway toward us, so Sasha pulls Dante aside and out of the way.
"So, I think we are good to let you go home, Mr. Lithenal," the doctor says to the man walking next to him. The man has long dirty blonde hair with visible white hairs, loosely braided in the back, and he has deep brown eyes like Zenix's...
"I'm not going home," the man growls, "I'm not going back to the place that my son ran away." Zenix, who was holding my hand, let's go abruptly and turns completely pale.
"Zenix, are you---" but I stop as the man walks up to Zenix and I, glaring into Zenix's eyes.
"Oh, LOOK HOW YOU'VE GROWN!" the man coos. Zenix just stands motionless, probably not even breathing, staring at the man as if he is a demon. "I've missed you," the man continues. Then he spits on Zenix's shoe.
"Leave me, Dad," Zenix growls and I hold in my gasp. This man is Zenix's father?! Sasha fails at holding in her gasps and looks as if she will faint.
"You are not my son," the man folds his arms. "I can spare you."
"I..." Zenix's eyes fill with tears, but none of them fall down his cheek. I open my arms to embrace him, but Dante stops me and shakes his head. What is going on?!
"You were a worthless piece of garbage to me," the man scowls. This makes Zenix fume and his cheeks grow red with anger. "You ran away from me; you ran away from your mom when she died. Now I was in a hospital recovering from my own sickness, of which you weren't there to take care of me."
"Y/N, give me your backpack," Zenix demands with so much anger, it makes me want to tear up. Seeing him like this... it is the worst nightmare ever. He doesn't soften his gaze on me even when I really do feel tears forming in my eyes. Taking my backpack off of my back, I hand it to him and he pulls it away from me. Oh-no... I know what's in there that he wants: the knife. Sure enough, Zenix takes the bloody knife out of my backpack and holds it above his wrist. I hesitate and stare at Dante, fear in my eyes. Dante returns the gaze, not seeming to know what is going on either. Zenix slices his skin on his wrist open, just a little bit. It begins to bleed, the blood rolling off of his arm and onto the floor. Everyone watches it bleed, even I seem to be mesmerized by the deep red color of Zenix's blood. Zenix touches the wound with his pointer finger and leans over closer to his father, putting the blood in the same spot that he cut it on his arm.
"You are not my father," Zenix growls. "I never wanted you to be." Zenix's father stares at the blood on his wrist, almost looking like he thinks it's acid. Poison. "My blood is not yours."
"You have no love then, Zenix. If you don't love me, there is no one else who will want to love you," Zenix's father growls. Zenix looks at his feet. It's my turn to interfere.
"I love him," I say. Zenix's father cocks his head to look at me. Zenix looks at me too, hope and sadness in his eyes.
"And what is your name, girl?" Zenix's father asks.
"Y/N."
"Huh. Nice try, but I can read lies. Your just a friend that pities his bad choices."
"She's not my friend!" Zenix yells abruptly, "She's my girlfriend." Everyone in the hallway gasps, including me. What?! When did that happen?!
"Well, clearly by the reaction of everyone in the room, I don't believe that is accurate," Zenix's father rolls his eyes. I look at Zenix and ask him softly,
"Are you... are you asking me out...?"
"...YES." Zenix breathes and I cover my mouth. Right here right now?! Oh my Irene...! Zenix's father crosses his arms, Sasha, for some reason, gives me a thumbs up, and Dante looks at me...

and smiles....

I look back at Zenix, who is now blushing and sweating, probably having regrets.
"Y-you... may not l-like who I... w-was..." Zenix stutters, his voice cracking. I almost laugh, but instead I lean in to kiss him and he grabs the back of my head softly and presses his lips against mine. I kiss back, feeling my ears grow hot as I blush. We stand there kissing, maybe for a good fifteen seconds, before Zenix releases me and we laugh, our foreheads touching and our faces close together.
"It doesn't matter who you were, Zenix," I murmur, "because I love you for who you are now."

YOU ARE ZENIX'S GIRLFRIEND!!! AHHHHHH!!! Sorry about this chapter being so long (over 1000 words), I just had a lot of ideas! Thank you so much for reading and the next chapter will be out soon!
Nya,
Soccerkitty7