Dante's Idea

(HIIIII I'M BACK ON WATTPAD!!! YAY!!! And I will be back to frequently publishing chapters again! And I worked on this chapter to post first thing when I got home! I'm happy to be back!)

Y/N's POV

"Okay, Y/N, you can stop talking about it now!" Zenix growls, "Gene didn't do that on purpose." I have been nagging Zenix about the kiss with Gene since it happened, and now, he just wants some peace and quiet to read his book as we sit under an umbrella on the beach. "Just leave me be!"
"Fiiiiine. But really, it was hilarious!" I giggle and get off of my beach towel. Zenix groans and lays on his stomach, shoving his book in his face. I roll my eyes as I walk away, but when I get to the sidewalk, I bump into someone and fall to the ground.
"Oh, I am so-" I look up and see Dante and he stop talking. "Y/N! I didn't see you coming!" he strokes his hand through his hair and I finally realize that something looks different about him.
"Dante... your... HAIR!"
"Yeah," he strokes it again, "do you like it?"
"Omigosh, YES! It's so cool!" I smile and see as it shimmers in the sunlight. It's a darker blue now, but at least he is still a bluenette. "I wish Zenix had that cool of hair!"
"Meh, yeah. Speaking of the emo, where is he?"
"He's not emo," I cross my arms. "I don't think." Dante smirks and I shrug, "last I saw him he was on the beach reading a book."
"Sounds normal. Alright thanks... I just have to... ask him something..." Dante narrows his eyes and slips away, sprinting toward the beach. I make a weird face before shrugging again and walking toward the house.

Zenix's POV

Ah. Peace an quiet. I love Y/N from the bottom of my heart, but sometimes, it's nice to just relax alone. I mean, she wouldn't let me relax. And she won't let me forget my little kiss with Gene... ugh... I'm pretty sure Sasha is angry at him for the little comment he said afterward. Am I really a good kisser...? That seems like a weird question to ask yourself, but seriously! I would consider Y/N a good kisser, but that kind of ranking just seems rude and pervertous. Well, maybe it's not so pervertous, but it's pretty rude. I stick my finger into the sand and the warmth of the grains makes my finger burn. But I like it... then I realize that my feet are able to seep into the sand, so I push down my feet into the sand and feel my toes go numb with warmth. Chuckling to myself, I realize that this sand could probably beat the carpet two to one. It's warm and soft! Wait... why the Nether am I coming up with competition for a carpet?! Oi vey... I put my book in front of my face again and continue to read.

The waterfall hides the cave of stones beneath its sparkling waters and it flows into a darling river. Living on the delta within the most spectacular forest of birch and oak wood trees can change a person. Especially since there is a chance of survival better behind the waterfall, but no one has dared to try and break open the wall of water and get through the cave of darkness to find the light.

I put my book down again and smile. Kinda like me... I broke through the wall of water and the cave of darkness otherwise known as my past... and I found the light... Y/N... I love when I can connect to the book I'm reading. It really makes me feel like the books can talk to me and understand all of the things I've been through. I keep reading and it's almost as if the words are being read to me... with... Dante's voice...? I look over my shoulder and see Dante, reading out-loud over my shoulder. I gasp and jump a little, sitting up.
"'And now someone must try to break through... someone... but I can't...' What is this? Why does this narrator have such low confidence?" Dante sits on Y/N's towel, which is still laying next to mine. I put my bookmark in my book and slam it closed.
"It's the start of a tragic romance novel, for your information. And the narrator just happens to have an extremely hard past with some depression issues!" I fold my arms.
"How do you know that?!" Dante steals my book from my lap and opens it to the page I'm on. "You're only on the tenth page! And there are like..." he flips to the last page. "One-thousand five-hundred thirty-two pages! What is this, a dictionary of emotion?!"
"Most likely," I admit, "but I heard this one has a killer twist ending." Dante groans at my book talk, but then his eyes light up and his mouth opens slightly.
"Zenix..."
"Yeah?"
"Do you like to write?"
"Umm, yeah, I guess. I'm more of a reader though."
"Well screw that tactic!" Dante jumps to his feet. "I have an idea!"
"O-kay..."
"Alright, hear me out. So, you know how Y/N gave you this really nice present on your one-month anniversary of dating and you totally forgot?"
"Don't remind me..." I moan, "I still feel bad..."
"Eh, she doesn't really care. But what I mean is, your two-month anniversary is coming up in five days and I have an idea on how you could make it up to her!" Dante smiles. I raise one eyebrow,
"How the heck do you know what day our anniversary is?!"
"Duh, May 14th."
"Your making that up."
"No. May 14th at 6:16 pm and we were in the hospital," Dante says and my mouth drops open.
"Dante..." I stare at him in awe, "It's like you live inside a book and you can just flip back the pages and see when everything happened or something!"
"May-be. But also, why would the date and time be written in the book? It'd probably be some app for your phone that you can read and write books on and check to see when the chapters were written," Dante shrugs. "like Wattpad."
"Like Wattpad!" I exclaim and then Dante and I both crack up. "Well this was a crappy conversation!"
"Pfft yeah. As if we live in Wattpad," Dante smirks. "But anyway, come on, I have a really good idea!"
"Okay..." I sigh, "spill it."

Sorry, I was so excited to be writing on Wattpad again that I wrote a long chapter! Yet somehow, I still made a cliff hanger... Anyway, thank you so much for reading and a new chapter will be out very soon! (and yes, Dante was completely correct with the date and time😜)
Nya,
Soccerkitty7