0.7 - beautiful monster

Yasmin's P.O.V

Days have past since the Salvatore brothers came to prepare us. Or should I say; warn us. I've been continuing to act normal, for the sake of my life.

I got up from my bed and went into the bathroom. As I was brushing my teeth, I noticed in the mirror a flicker of a shadow behind me. I turned but saw nothing. When I turned back to look at myself, my reflection had suddenly changed. I had the eyes of a Vampire with several black veins leading down my face.

A sharp breath left my mouth and I immediately turned the tap on to wash my face. After the first splash of cold water, I looked back at my mirror to see that my reflection had gone back to normal.

This isn't right. Why am I always hallucinating?

Well. That's a stupid question to ask myself. I know why, but I'm too naive to admit it.

I continued to do my morning routine and headed back into my bedroom to get into my clothes.

I grabbed my essentials for today and headed downstairs. I saw a note stuck on the front of the fridge. I picked it up and it read;

Yasmin, I won't be here for two weeks because of work. I would have verbally told you, but you were asleep. I've left money in my chest of drawers. It will be in the first drawer under the socks. Remember the rules. Don't answer the door to strangers and do NOT have a party! I'm warning you Yasmin. I'll know if you've broken any of them rules. Love you lots sweetie. Mum x

P.S. You dribble in your sleep. Please clean your bed sheets.

Well I guess she won't be bothering me. I get the whole house to myself which is an advanta- hold up?! I DO NOT DRIBBLE IN MY SLEEP!

A loud knock on the front door had disturbed me. I paced towards the door and swung it open. It was Candice and Katherine.

They both looked optimistic. I guess we all have to; for now.

"I was just about to have breakfast." I said, stepping to the side to let them walk in.

"That's fine. We'll wait." Katherine said as she freely turned the TV on.

"Your Mum's car isn't out the front." Candice said.

"That's because she's gone away for a couple of weeks. It's to do with work." I informed her.

"So you have the house to yourself for two weeks?!" Katherine said excitedly.

"Technically, yes. And no. I shall not have a party." I said in a stern tone.

"God damn it." Katherine groaned.

" Katherine groaned