Shopping

It was the Friday of Jack's friends party. Kelsey was going to ask him to Winter Formal at lunch, and if he says yes, I'll third wheel with them to go dress and tux shopping.

Jack had to say yes. He probably would, him and Kelsey would go good together. What a match maker I am.

Walking into my first hour class with my coffee from Jack. The usual.

I was more than shocked to see Josh holding a little sign and announcing to our math class, something I'd never expect. As friends though.

"Five, six, seven, eight, Rowan will you be my date?" He had the biggest grin, while holding up his little cheer decorated sign, and the whole classes eyes were on me.

A horn with red and white glitter, and my name in hearts. Apparently Winter Formal proposals were in.

Man I loved my friend. My teacher even sent a nod our way, grinning at us.

The best part of it, was Tyler's reaction. Man I was so mean to think that, but he's been nothing but mean to me. Tyler forgot about my feelings, I just returned the favor.

"Oh my gosh yes!" I wrapped him in a short hug, not kissing him like Emma did to Tyler.

PDA wasn't allowed during school, during games, that was different I bet.

My class awed and we got back to our lesson, my little poster sitting by me at my desk. Josh sent a smile from beside his assigned seat next to Tyler.

Tyler had a scowl on his face and turned his back on Josh. Poor thing.

After class, Josh slid his hand in mine, the teacher raising an eyebrow at us. Oh yeah, teachers "shipped" students, as Kels put it.

Tyler shyly walked ahead of us, him and Josh having second hour together. Looking back at our intertwined hands.

"Can I help you?" Josh asked as I fought back a laugh. I'd never seen Josh really in any mood except happy.

Tyler shook his head no, his head was hung low. Guilt sat in my chest.

"Hey Josh, Kelsey is asking Jack to formal at lunch in the cafeteria, if he says yes, I'm assuming he will, do you wanna go dress and tux shopping?" I fiddled with my thumbs nervously.

"I'd love that. Oh man I gotta text my mom, I didn't think you'd say yes." He grinned and I frowned at that. Why wouldn't I?

"Haha, why would ya think that?"

"Because you're you. Out of my league, maybe even popular, I'm new here, just a loser from SouthGate." He explained and I felt bad.

"Josh I'm not popular. You're no loser, you're my friend. And hey, for being my friend, you're pushing our boundaries." I laughed to show him I was joking about him trying to get out of the friend zone.

"Oh shut up. Just cuz I'm the only guy who will admit you're pretty after admiring your talents doesn't make me a tool. And I mean it." He blushed bright red.

"Thanks. Gotta go loser, see ya at lunch?"

"Totally, bye Ro!" He skipped off.