Abused

"Morning sunshine. You're lucky my parents trust you and let you spend the night again." Tyler laughed and played around with my hair.

"Morning. Oh, I have to go home huh?" I sighed wanting everything at home to just disappear.

"Well... I definitely don't want you to, but maybe it's best, since you haven't been home in a while... and... " He began sadly.

"No, yeah I understand." I fake smiled as I was used to it.

"Well I love you. Last night's game and dinner was great." He smiled in reminisce.

"It was perfect. Tell your dad I said thanks. Well I better get going." I planned on walking to save them the trouble.

"No... I'll take you... don't worry." He got up as I tried to protest, he cut me off.

"Thank you." I hopped in his car with my many belongings and suitcases. "You know, you can drop me off around the corner and I'll walk with all of my stuff the rest of the way there." I began embarrassed of my mother. Who knew what she'd say, of course it was a weekend and she'd be there.

"What? No I'm not making you walk in this cold. And with your whole room in those bags, nuh uh." He replied, trying to be helpful.

"Tyler, I know you're just trying to help, but my mom hates me, and I don't know what's going to go down. Now if you'll just drop me off around the corner, I'd appreciate that." I spoke with tears lingering in my eyes.

"I don't care Ro, I'm going to care for you because,—well because I care! It's what I do. Ro I care okay? I care." He repeated angrily and stopped the car at the corner like I asked.

"I'm so sorry." I looked over at him to see him staring out the window.

"Go. Just leave! Push everyone away like you always do!" He gripped the steering wheel until his knuckles turned white.

"Wait, push everyone away? Since when have I? If anything you're embarrassed of your loser girlfriend who has more issues than friends!" I pointed out.

"Rowan, that is a lie. My god you make me wanna—"

"What? Say it? Hit me?! Because it's not like I'm not used to being everyone's punching bag. Because you wouldn't know a thing... about... " I began to sob as Tyler drove and pulled into my driveway.

"You don't know half of the abuse."

-------------------

Her words lingered in my mind, I decided to write them down in my journal. Diary, journal, songbook, call it whatever, so what if I'm a guy and like to write out how I'm feeling.

Rowan doesn't know about my hobby, maybe Zack knows, but other than that, nobody knows.

I write songs. A song I'd written lately, it was called Trees. Some of them were for her, some were about her, if only Rowan knew how much I thought about her.

If only she knew about my dreams, they didn't involve basketball, but filled venues with people shouting my lyrics.

Lyrics about her.