Vacation

It was Friday after school, and again, I got to skip out on cheer practice. "Going on a weekend vacation." I told the school attendance lady confidently.

Tyler went in after and handed in his note, as he came out with a grin. "I love you." He pecked my cheek as I still swooned every time he said that.

"Love you more." We walked to his car as my friend Kels decided to show up, she was walking behind the gym class. For being in cheer, she sure was lazy and un-athletic in gym.

She waved and shouted "Losers!" At me and Ty, we giggled as a coach blew a whistle and Kelsey scrambled to catch up.

He opened the door for me, as we got in and he began to type in his phone.

"One sec, gotta let the parents know we're leaving." He smiled a harmless smile, but the reason I teared up wasn't for that.

"Yeah sure thing." I smiled back before choking back tears. Parents. If only I had those still, being eighteen and living by yourself is incredibly hard, and Tyler had food and clothes just handed to him.

"Yeah dad, we're leaving. Yes Ro has the camera." He looked over at me with a grin and rubbed my back as he saw my frown. "Uh huh. Yeah. Okay, bye." He put his key in the ignition as we held a map with Cleveland on it.

"You okay?" He ran his hands over the thin material on my shoulder as I nodded.

"Good." He chuckled. "Let's listen to some good music?" Tyler shoved in his cassette tape as a rap song came on.

"Eminem?" I giggled.

"Hey, he happens to be one of the greatest rappers alive."

"Yeah except every single kid at our school listens to them." I sighed.

"What about some rock music?" I asked.

"After this song." He began rapping while keeping his eyes on the road, my camcorder in hand.

I stifled my high-pitched giggles as Tyler stared ahead and rapped, the camera facing him to snap photos for memories.

The heavy Polaroid snapped a photo of him in a toothy grin, I waited for the photo to show up and wrote on it with a sharpie. 1/23/07.

"You were taking photos of me!" He giggled.

"Yep. For when we become famous, we have evidence on what we were like in high school."

"You mean from my YouTube channel?" He chuckled, "My comedy skits are pretty funny."

"Nah, couldn't see you as a comedian, you're more of a basketball player."

"Really? What about a singer?" He asked.

"I thought that was my dream?" I chuckled, not that I could sing.

"Let me sing for ya. I'm singing the national anthem at my next game you know?"

"Sure. Don't be surprised if I film you though." I brought out my camcorder that he'd bought me.

"Please don't film me." He complained.

"Nobody will see it! I promise just me."

"Okay." He began singing an oldie, his voice ringing out as he concentrated on the road.

"And now, the end is near.
And so I face the final curtain.
My friend, I'll say it clear.
I'll state my case, of which I'm certain.

I've lived a life that's full.
I've traveled each and every highway. But more, much more than this, I did it my way.