Tearing

"Rowan, Ro, RJ, I can't wait until tomorrow, we get to leave school early and chill with Mr. Joseph." Josh bragged during first hour, he got to sit by me now because the teacher liked us for some reason.

"I know, you got your note to leave early right?" Notes were required because our school was strict.

"Yeah." He smiled at me as I did my homework.

"Sup dude, babe." Tyler waltzed in and glared at Josh's arm on my paper slightly.

"Tyler take your seat." The teacher ordered and he replied with the same, yes ma'am. Goodie goodie.

"I have cheer practice today, the girls and I are going to state. But if we were to make it to nationals, I might have to choose between Track and Cheer." I told Josh.

"Choose track. You're way better at it." He teased.

"Hey! I'll have you know I'm co-captain. And nationals always involves a super big trip. Three years ago, they went to nationals and came back from Vegas!" I imagined what the sunny, hot place would be like.

"Screw track, go to Vegas." He laughed.

"It is my senior year, and I've done track for three years already. But that's if we make it to Nationals, we'd have to do really good at state."

"You got this. I've seen you practice. You're amazing." Josh beamed in the kindest way.

I heard Tyler sigh, maybe because he couldn't compete with certain things recently. Back when he was being selfish, he'd never seen me practice, he didn't know we were going to state, and he didn't know as much as Josh knew about me lately.

"Thank you." I finished my assignment and turned it in. Tyler's eyes boring into my backside. I really wish he didn't get as jealous and over-protective as he did.

"Wanna walk home with me after school? It's not too cold, and I have a jacket if you need." Josh offered

"Um, sure I guess—" I began but was interrupted by the bell.

"Ro, a word." Tyler got up as the bell rang.

"Okay. Aren't you and Josh headed to second hour though? Might wanna walk with the dude so he doesn't get his feelings hurt." I joked.

"Screw it." He grabbed my face slightly and tilted my head up, kids didn't even stare at us in the hallways, ugh, high school and their couples were like that. He placed his lips on mine greedily.

"Tyler stop." I wiped my lips and stared around embarrassed. "And I don't have feelings for Josh so would you stop bringing it up like the jealous ass you are." I remarked.

"Well you're the one who had your hands all over him at formal, or that one time Emma and I were dating... " He spoke with a frown.

"That's because we were trying to make you jealous for being rude to us. You blew us off for Emma, look, I'm not discussing this right now." I walked off to class angrily.

"I'm picking you up after practice. I'll see you in the gym after school."

"You wish." I huffed.

--------------------------

"Positions everyone. And a five-six-seven-eight." Emma yelled as I was lifting up my arms, cheering and dancing as we ran through our routine.

"Tumbles Ladies, tumbles!" She screamed, at least she wasn't insulting us this time. Emma had either finally matured, or learned not to pick fights with people, she'd been degraded to Co-Captian, and I took her spot of Captain.