Prom

Kelsey and I rummaged through the old dress shop, she had about five options in hand. While I searched for the cheapest, yet cutest dress they sold.

My mind went back to the dress I wore last year with Tyler. Sadly it was in my moms closet. And no, before running out, I didn't think to lug around the jeweled, heavy dress.

I wanted black again. Kelsey laughed at my, what she calls, emo taste.

"Just because Fall Down Boy is on the radio 24/7... " She groaned.

"Fall Out Boy, Kels. And I happen to know more than just the songs on the radio." I smiled as I searched for heels to match.

"Whatever. I can barely stand Sugar We're Going Down." She laughed. "Every kid was all of a sudden emo, and just forgot about hip-hop."

I laughed at her for not being mainstream, I was sorta the same. But man did I love Fall Out Boy.

"Help me find some shoes." I changed the subject and searched for necklaces or jewelry to match.

"Wear these. They'll drive Ty wild." She held up over-the-top 8-inch heels. Blinding with all of it's bling.

"Oh shut up." I laughed.

"Jack wants me to wear these while we do the deed." Kelsey held up red heels casually, my mouth dropped to the floor.

Of course I covered my shock up with a nervous laugh.

"What, you've never done it?" Kelsey was so blunt, I looked around to see if anyone was listening.

"Kelsey dear heavens, we are in a store!" I laughed.

"Oh you're so innocent." She laughed. "You know what they say about prom night... " She laughed and walked off to try more dresses.

"Not happening Kels." I laughed back.

"Oh little Ro, we all know what Tyler wants." She giggled as I shushed her.

"Well we'll see later then." We paid and left the store, Kelsey teasing me the whole way home.

           --------------

"Babe, I'm gonna go get us some punch." Tyler left our little group as Emma came over, her "friend" by her side.

Really it was her girlfriend, who's name I had never learned.

"Hey, how's it going?" She smiled. Kelsey rolled her eyes, she still didn't trust Emma, it made me sad. I just forgave her right away.

"It's going great, yeah and you?"

"Just peachy, I don't have a date." She laughed. Lied.

Jack even rolled his eyes. He still thought she was some sort of slut, or bitchy cheerleader. She'd won Prom Queen last year. I hated stereotypes.

"Well you're still nominated for Queen this year. That's something." I smiled.

"Oh whatever. You and Michael Jordan over there are gonna win by a landslide. You're Worthington's favorite couple. Best friends since before high school." She laughed and subtly slipped a hand in her dates hand.

Tyler came back with a grin. "Emma." He acknowledged her with a nod.

"Well have fun everyone, me and my friend over here will be dancing together like loners." She lied again and I smiled. So they were going to dance together. That was cute. They walked off with smiles.