Fences A.I

She was the epitome of sin. Beauty and cleverness into one. She was dangerous. A deadly combination.

We would leave out in a group of friends. Climb the fence of the airport. I never really spoke to her. I lit her cigarette and we shared intense eyes contact but never a word spoken between us. She was a trap and I was walking into it. Blinded by her cigarette smoke.  It was hard to say I lived her even though I'm sure I didn't. Then again what else would you call it.

Let's stick to being basic.

So here we are walking black on black at 7:29. Just in time to watch the clouds turn.

I climbed over the fence then her and another one of her friends. Then one of mine.  She jumped off the fence and stumbled slightly and my hands reached out for her waist to steady her. Her skin was cold and she took the cigarette from between my lips and placed it between her own. She walked way from me and my friend of a friend,Danny threw his arm around my neck.

"You're playing a dangerous game my friend. She's the devil."

"I don't think the devil wears Sephora danny.",I said watching the sky as another plane lifted off the ground.

Before he could say something Lizzy grabbed his arm and dragged him off to where ever. I looked up and saw her sitting on something that they used to cover wires and I walked over to her.

"I wonder what its like to be one of those people.",she said blowing out smoke from her nose and mouth.

I took the cigarette and sat next to her breathing it in and filling my head with peace.

"One of those people with a place to go. Things to do."

I blew it out and looked at her. She wiped her nose and sniffed.

"What is it with you? You're this guy without a purpose.",she said turning towards me.

I shrugged."My purpose is to live. And at the moment. I think I am."

She chuckled. "What do you know about love?",she said looking off into the sky.

"Its temporary.",I said.

She took my cigarette and breathed it in for the last time before throwing the nub to the ground and pulling out another. I grounded it into the dirt and she put it between her lips. I pulled out my lighter and lit it watching its essence burn off into the sky.

"Its only temporary depending on who you're in love with."

"Be in love with me."

She looked into my eyes. "I am.",she said softly.

"So here's the trick.",she started again."How can you love someone who can't love their self?"

It grew quiet and we turned at the sound of a screaming like laugh. I watched as Danny stumbled over drunk throwing his bottle against a graffiti covered brick wall.

"I don't know. I look forward to finding out."

She smiled biting her lip.  She pulled the cigarette from her lips and blew out the smoke wrapping her arms around my neck. She leaned against me and I placed my hand on the small of her back. Her eyes were the most beautiful shade of brown. She placed her lips against mine and I responded kissing her back. I bit her lip and pulled on it.

"YEAH WOOHOO!",I heard Danny yell.

I looked at him from the side of my eyes as he gave me a thumbs up.

I rolled my eyes resting my forehead against her as she lightly laughed.

"I really do hate him.",I said with a smile playing at my lips.

"Don't worry about him.",she said kissing me again.