Smother A.I

I highly advise listening to this song to feel full effect of this part.

You were crying on your bed. The funeral just ended and your heart was heavy as silent tears fell. You were wearing the jacket your father gave to you. The jacket that he had signed by his favorite team. You wore it over a black dress as your hair was down. Your mascara was waterproof and so was everything else you wore. Yet a translucent shade of black was under your eyes.

You had a picture of him and you on your lap in a frame as you stared out the window. It was bound to happen sometime but never would you imagine after your graduation. Tears spilled from your eyes warm but it felt like air. The air coming from the balcony in your room.

You breathed in the outdoor smell as the sun set over the trees. A knock sounded at your door and it opened.

You opened your mouth breathing in shakily.

Ashton came into your view and grabbed your hand kissing your cheek.

"I'm so sorry.",he said rubbing your cheek.

You didn't say anything.

He took off his black blazer that he wore over his white shirt.

"I think I'm gonna stay here for college.",you said still watching the pink clouds that reminded you of his favorite cotton candy flavor. The way the clouds were whipped.

"I thought we were going to college together. ",he said laced with sadness.

"I can't.",you said.

"Y/N its a bit too late to switch colleges you're already on the roster.",he said quietly.

"Ashton I just lost my father.",you said beginning to get angry.

"I know. I know baby girl I'm sorry. You'll be okay. I promise. I know how you feel."

You stood up. Your tears were hot and your eye vision blurred.

"You promise? You know how i feel!?What do you know about losing a father!? You never had one!",you said through gritted teeth.

His face fell and you covered your mouth quickly.

He nodded slowly and slightly turning around and grabbing his blazer from your bed. He threw it over his shoulder and ran his hands through his hair reaching for the knob.

"Ashton wait I-",you stuttered.

"I'm sorry for your loss.",he said not turning around and walking through and closing the white door with the brass knob.

You fell to the floor and breathed in heavily. You were shaking as your heart shattered and fell to the bottom of your rib cage. Leaving nothing but the smell of outdoors the wind blowing through your curtains and drying your tears that stuck to your face,only to be wet again with the following. You began to hit the wall and stopped seeing the blood stained shade.

You looked to your fist and breathed out. You were fine. You have always been fine. You would just have to be okay without him.

Ending doesn't really make sense buuuutttttt whatever ¯\_()_/¯