Chapter 13

"We're here!" Carter said when he shut the engine off.

I got out the car and looked around. A smile spread on my face. Just like I remember, I thought to myself. The smell, sound, view everything stayed exactly the same. I couldn't help but feel like I was the one not belonging there. Like I wasn't myself anymore.

"Do you want to go for a walk? We could get ice cream?" Carter offered.

I hadn't had ice cream in 13 months. The thought terrified me.

"We could go for a walk," I said and we began walking down to the waves.

After walking quietly for a little while Carter turned his head my way and spoke.

"How come you haven't been to the beach for a long time?" I got why he was confused, the beach were literally 2 minutes away from our town.

I shrugged, I didn't know if I should tell him or not.

"I don't know, I hadn't really felt comfortable doing so," I said and he nodded as if saying he got it.

It wasn't a lie, I didn't feel comfortable, but it wasn't the whole truth either.

"Would you want to see me fight one day?" Carter blurted out. I was taken back by his question. Did I want to see him fight?

"I'm not really into the whole fighting thing, but I don't know, maybe. Would you want me to see you?" I asked.

He nodded and I felt relieved. "Of course I would! But I know you aren't into violence, so I was just checking if you'd be up to it," I felt flattered that he wanted me to see him.

"I mean to be honest, it would be quite cool to see you fight," I admitted and he chuckled.

"I knew you thought it was cool," he teased and I shoved him. He shoved me back gently.

"Hey you can't hit on girls!" I said.

"Sorry if I've been hitting on you," he said and winked. I couldn't help the blush the crept into my neck.

What's up with all the blushing lately?

"Shut up," was the only thing I could mutter out.

Really? Shut up? Original.

"Did you want an ice cream?" Carter asked and looked to the ice cream stand.

Maybe I could eat an ice cream?

Maybe Carter could help me through it?

I nodded and he smiled satisfied.

We walked to the I cream stand and looked at the different flavors.

"Hey what can I help you guys with?" The girl behind the counter asked.

Carter smiled and looked at me.

What should I chose?

"Uhm can I get a cone with one scoop of strawberry?" I asked quietly to the girl.

She nodded and scooped my order into a cone.

"And for you?" She looked towards Carter.

"Can I get a cone with a scoop of chocolate?" She nodded and made his.

Carter paid, though I begged to pay for myself. He wouldn't let me and I got a feeling he was used to get things the way he wanted it to.

We walked down to the water again, and walked with our feet in the water.

I took a small bite of my ice cream. It was delicious, but I felt guilty. Carter didn't seem to notice my face rial expression, as he just kept going like normally.