Chapter 14

(The song is Fix You by Coldplay and I listened to it while writing this chapter)

"Hey," I greeted Carter when I got in his car. He looked to me and smiled.

"Hey, are you ready?" I nodded and breathed out.

It was Wednesday and we were heading to my first session with my therapist.

"Okay, then let's go," he said and turned the engine on.

We drove for a little while in silence before Carter broke it.

"Are you nervous?" he asked and looked at me quickly. I shrugged.

"I don't really know. You know I still find it hard to believe, a part of me still disagrees," I said and fumbled with the hem of my sweatshirt.

"Yeah, I know. I guess you just have to realize that they are professionals; they literally do it for a living. You need to trust them," he said and parked the car in the parking lot. I looked at him and he caught my eyes.

"I know, it's just hard," I said. He nodded and looked at his watch.

"I know, I know. Emily, don't hold anything back, please. They can't help you if you don't tell the whole truth," he said and gave me a look. I nodded slowly in response.

"I will. You will be here in two hours?" he nodded and gave me a comforting smile. He nodded towards the big building and I went out the car.

"Bye, see you in two hours," I said and shut the door.

I walked to the entrance and checked in at the front desk.

"Hi, Emily Parker for Dr. Peterson," the assistant nodded and scrolled trough the computer.

"Yes, just sit over there, and Dr. Peterson will be with you quickly," he said and pointed to the waiting area.

Two boys and a girl were also sitting there. They all looked at me when I reached the seats. They looked at me amazed.

"How did you get that skinny?" The girl said with admiration in her voice. I was surprised by her question. It was a quite personal question.

I just shrugged and muttered a 'I don't know'. She looked at me with her mouth open in shock.

"Cara, leave the girl alone, she's new," one of the boys said. He was really skinny. The girl called Cara wasn't as skinny, but she wasn't fat.

"Sorry, but she's doing something right," she said to the boy.

"I'm Anderson, this is Kyle," he pointed to the other boy. "And you have already met Cara," he said and gave Cara a look.

"Uhm hi, I'm Emily," I said and sat down.

Cara turned to me and gave a curious look. "Anorexia?" she simply said. I scrunched up my brows in confusedness. How did she ask me such personal question? We didn't even know each other.

"Cara," Anderson said. She waved him off and looked at me again. I nodded slowly.

"Cool, bulimia," she pointed to herself. "Anorexia," she pointed at the boy named Kyle. "And another anorexia," she said as she pointed towards Anderson. I nodded not really knowing what else to do. I didn't want to come off mean, but I didn't really want to talk to them. They made me feel strange. Cara did at least, Anderson seemed nice.

"Emily Parker?" a man called out to me. I stood up knowing it was my doctor. Anderson sent me a small smile while Cara looked at her nails. Kyle didn't speak. He seemed sick. He also looked like he was half dead, he was very skinny.