Chapter One

/edited/

So Lynne finally decided to call Jacob back. Surprise, surprise.

I love the girl to death but it seems like he cares for her more than she cares for him. But hey, what do I know? I haven't had a boyfriend in over a year!

It's not that guys don't like me, I'm actually pretty popular, but I actually like being single. I don't know, it's weird.

I just don't like the idea of commitment. Oh well.

Anyways, he was bored and wanted to hang out so she left for his house. And knowing them, she wouldn't be back till tomorrow. Boy, this is gonna be a boring night.

I logged onto my instagram. Woah! I had gained tons of followers!

I always had a lot, I'm one of those 'tumblr' accounts. The pictures are of me, but their not just random selfies, they actually mean something.

I've always wanted to be a photographer, so why not take high quality pics, of me? I scrolled through my notifications. Wow, this is unbelievable! Talk about directioner power!

There were comments like 'Oh my gosh your so pretty can I be you?' and 'Omg ur perf! I hope Harry notices u :)' and just plain old smiley faces.

But there were also mean ones like, 'wth u lil attention whore harry don't want u' and 'eww carrot alert!'.

I didn't let the bad ones get to me though. I've never really been insecure, I'm pretty confident with myself, I'm not stuck up or anything but aye, rock what you got!

So I was scrolling through my followers when I noticed a specific name, 'namelessgem', it sounded familiar, I clicked on it. The name said 'Gemma Styles'

Oh my God! She had a kik name in her bio, 'gemm_styles' I hurried and logged onto kik and sent a message.

"Gemma! I don't know if you remember me but you followed me on IG so I think you do! I'm so happy I found you it's been forever!!!"

Almost an hour later, and no reply. She had read it, but hadn't replied. Well maybe she was about to type and she fell asleep.

Speaking of sleep I'm getting tired. I yawned. "Time to go to bed!" I yelled even though I knew no one could hear me.

I walked to my room, put on some sweats and a tank, layed down and soon, drifted off to sleep.

I woke up to the sun shining bright through my window. Wow did I sleep that long? I just meant to take a nap.

I checked my phone for the time. '10:34'. Wow. I had one unread message, from Luke.

Luke is my bestest friend ever! Well other than Lynne.

Him, Lynne and I used to be the best of friends back in junior high. But then Luke came out and told everyone he was gay, and with Lynne's family being strong Baptists, she couldn't be friends with him anymore, and while the years past they just drifted apart. But me and Luke? No. Never. He's so fun!

I checked the message. "Hey gurly! Carnival at noon?"

Haha this is why I love him.

I quickly replied. "You betcha! Pick me up at 10 till! :)"

I got out of bed and began to brush my teeth. My phone went off.

From Luke, ":D"

I laughed, accidentally spitting toothpaste all over the mirror. I groaned as I spit out the rest of it, rinsed, and went to get a towel to clean up the mess.