Chapter Two

/edited/

By the time I was done showering, getting dressed, and doing my hair and makeup it was already 11:30. What can I say? I'm a girl, it takes me a while in the morning.

I figured we'll eat at the carnival so I just grabbed a granola bar to snack on.

Lynne still wasn't home so I plopped down on the couch and flipped on the telly, or tv. Telly is what you call it in London.

Even though I've been living in New Jersey for a while now, I still haven't picked up on the accent, or the slang. So people can tell I'm British right off the bat.

Well anyways, I turned on the tv and surfed through the channels. Finally I decided on 'Girl Code'. I like that show, the girls are so funny.

About five minutes into my show, there was a knock at the door.

"Oh Katie! Come out, come out, wherever you are!" He said in singsong.

"Coming!" I shouted back as I grabbed my purse and rushed through the door.

There he was, his tousled blondish/brownish hair with skinny jeans, a light blue 'Abercrombie' shirt, and white hightops.

"Oh Katie darling it's been so long!" He hugged me and we laughed.

"Ya like last week." We laughed again.

"Well, little miss negative, what do you say we get this show on the road?"

"Lets do it!" We linked arms. and skipped out.

"Oh my god you got a new car!" I screeched as I admired the brand new dark green jeep.

"Duh! I told you I did, did you think I was lying?"

"No, I just though it would be some crap car from the used dealership." I laughed.

He put his hand over his heart, pretending to he hurt. "Wow, Katie. That hurt."

We hopped into the car and drove off. "Pump up the jam!" I screamed as I turned on the radio.

"I live for the applause, applause, applause!" We sang along to the radio. Well, more like screamed.

I unbuckled my seatbelt and stood on the seat. Waving my hands in the air like a maniac.

"Put your hands up, make em touch, touch!" I danced around like a total psycho.

Luke pulled on my leg. "Get down your gonna get me arrested!" He yelled.

I laughed as I fell down into the seat. "Wooh!"

It wasn't long before we pulled up to the boardwalk carnival. Luke stopped the car lightly singing the last words of the song that was on.

"C'mon! Let's go!" I screamed as I jumped out. He laughed while shaking his head.

"Let's go to the Ferris wheel first, it's soo romantic!" He gushed.

"Gee, Luke why do you wanna take me on a romantic ride? You got something you wanna say?" I said jokingly.

"Yes, actually I do. I'm not really gay, I just pretended to be so you would change in front of me and not think I would care but really I did and-"

"Oh my God Luke just stop!" I shouted as I covered his mouth.

"We laughed our heads off.

"Let's just get on the Ferris wheel." I said, out of breath from laughing so much.

"Nah," he replied. "We're going to the bungee jump. Hopefully there'll be some hot guys doing flips!" He winked at me as I went into a fit of laughter once again. He practically had to drag me over to the bungee mats.

I was jumping on the bungee thingy, doing flips and such. Luke was watching and waiting for his turn, since it was only allowed one at a time. But it wasn't me he was watching, it was the guy running the booth.

He was good looking, blonde hair, blue eyes, nice bod, but just not my type, but totally Luke's. Once my time was up the worked came and unlatched me from the chords slipping me a piece of paper, his number!

I walked out and Luke winked at me. "Oh you go girl!" He said a little too loud.

People turned to look at us as I shushed him. "I didn't know you went for guys like that Katie Kat."

"I don't," I replied. "But you do." I gave him the piece of paper.

"Oh boy Lord help us all I'm gonna get myself a hunk of a dude!" He screamed.

"Luke!" I yelled at him.

A few minutes later a guard came up to us and asked us to leave because to many people had complained about our behavior.

Luke argued with him, so much that he slung us over his shoulders and carried us out.

"Adios!" Luke yelled as we left.

The security guard came running after us.

"Ahh! We screamed.

He was fat so we made him chase us all around the parking lot until we got to Luke's car.

We hopped in and started it up. I quickly plugged my phone into the radio and grabbed out the cotton candy we had bought. Luke drove right past the worn out security guard as I turned up the music.

"I'm a boss, I'm a boss, I'm a boss!" The radio blared as I threw the cotton candy at him. He called for back up and we sped off.