Chapter Sixteen

"Ahh!" I woke up screaming. Why? Because I just had about a gallon of water dumped on me. I looked up to see, the twins and... Alex.

"You guys are gonna get it!" I screeched as I jumped out of bed and charged at them. They screamed and ran as I chased after them. It was only seven, so everybody's else was sleeping.

We ran past Joe's room, Alex and Zoè's room, towards the stairs, which they bolted down. Now me, still being soaked, attempted to run down them, but only to slip and fall. I ended up falling down all of the steps.

Once I got to the bottom my back was hurting like crazy. And instead of helping me, the boys just stood there and laughed.

"Ahahaha! You should've seen yourself!" Josh said, barely able to talk because he was too busy laughing. "Ya!" Said Joe. "Your put your foot out and Boom! You were a goner!" Alex was practically lying on the floor laughing. "Jerks." I muttered as I trudged back up the stairs to go clean myself up.

"Katie darling! Are you alright?" I looked down to see my Aunt Amy standing at the bottom of the steps, wearing worry on her face. The boys were no were to be seen.

"Ya, I'm fine, just gonna go get in the shower!" I yelled back. "Ok, you can use the bathroom in Zoè's room, she should be awake. That way you don't have to worry about one of the boys barging in."

My face got red just thinking about the thought of Austin or Caleb walking in on me in the shower. I smiled and nodded as I made my way upstairs.

I grabbed a pair of Hollister washed out jean shorts and a oversized white grumpy at tshirt that says 'This Shirt, I Hate It' and all the other things I needed for a shower and padded my way across the hallway to Zoè's room.

I knocked on the door lightly. There was some moving around then she peeked her head out the door, nt saying anything.

"Hey um, I need to take a shower and I was wondering if I could use yours so one of the boys doesn't walk in." I said, laughing a bit at the end. I don't know why, but makes me kind of nervous.

She nodded her head and opened the door slowly. I was shocked at her room. I always pictured it as a filthy mess, food crumbs, with a big computer. But boy was I wrong.

Her room was painted a teal color, with pink bedspread. She had a flat screen tv, and an apple laptop. Various beanbags and blankets lied across the hardwood floor.

"Man, I love your room!" I told her walking around as she shut the door quietly. "Thanks." She mumbled back. "Bathrooms over there." She said as she pointed over to a door by the wall with the tv on it. I thanked her and headed over.

After I finished putting on my clothes, I proceeded to brush my wet hair. Stupid me forgot my blow dryer in my room. Then I gathered my things and unlocked the door. I walked into Zoè's room to find...