Chapter Twenty-Three

So I'll put it this way, shopping didn't go too well and mum's mad.

I got the dress that I wanted, which is why mum is upset.

The dress is cute, it's a little black dress that goes to mid-thigh, and has the same layout as the one I put on this morning, only above the neckline is black lace that go up to my collarbone and are quarter sleeve. I got some shiny black pumps to match.

Mum's idea of an 'appropriate' dress was a flowy, knee length, black, fuzzy dress and black flats. Ya, not happening.

The funeral was ok. As ok as a funeral can be. As I mentioned before, I didn't know him, so I didn't really have any reason to be sad, except for the fact that all of my family that I do know where crying.

I cried. I forced the tears, but I cried. After the funeral we all got in our cars and followed the hearse to the cemetery about five minutes away.

I sat quietly as the preacher read off my grandpa's self-written rights. I didn't really listen until my mum nudged me.

"And lastly, I'd like to leave my home, cars, and fortune to my beloved granddaughter, Katie Flint."

What? I didn't even know they guy! Yet he was leaving all I his riches to me? Even though I didn't know him, I heard about him a lot from my cousins and mum. Apparently he is a millionaire who has a mansion with four floors, and a huge garage with over five very expensive cars in it.

Well, he did have all of that. Now it was mine.

I could feel everybody's eyes on me as the preacher continued,

"I was never a fitting grandfather to her, I got to know all of my other grandchildren, buying them Christmas and Birthday gifts every year, but completely ignoring her. So this is my way of making it up to her. I love you Katie."

I tuned out after that. Of course I acted as if everything was 'normal' as we buried him and sang the traditional tune of 'Amazing Grace'.

I couldn't stop thinking of how kind he must've been. I always thought of him as a rich, selfish prick who didn't give a damn about me. But I didn't know anything about him. I still don't.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'm touched that a man who I have never even met, could actually care about me, and yet here I am, at his funeral, crying fake tears, feeling absolutely no real emotion.

Then it finally happened, I broke down. I finally realized that everything I pictured him to be, is actually what I am. I'm selfish, and think my life is so bad, when I don't even consider that people have it a lot worse than me.

And while some people are struggling with abuse, or cancer, I'm the spoiled little baby who fights with her mum just so she could get the dress that I wanted.

I know I shouldn't have, but I'm stupid. I did the only thing I could think of. I ran off to the car, locked the doors, and called Harry.

(A/N- Update yay! Sorry it's short but I'm really tired! I sat in the car with three crazy boys for 3 straight hours. Then we went shopping, then swimming, and they just left to go find a Starbucks and I stayed here. Thank god! Lol I finally get some time to myself! But they'll be back soon. Bur it's ok I guess because they're bringing me back a Cappuccino! Yum!

Thanks! Don't forget to vote!

Your Fabulouis Author (lol),

Audrey

xx