Chapter Three

/edited/

"Oh my God he's calling backup!" I screamed as we drove off.

"Oh hush honey, they won't find us." I looked at him suspiciously and raised an eyebrow. Usually, when we do things like this (which is quite often) he always freaks out and get really excited. But for some reason he wasn't. Probably holding it in. I know how to get it out.

"Hey Luke do you think-"

"Oh my God Katie holy crap can you believe we just did that?!?!!!" There is was. "I mean, the look on his face, and the song and the cotton candy and oh it was fabulous!" I laughed. Hard.

"So, since we're obviously done there, where are we going to go now?" He rubbed his chin as if he was thinking hard.

"Hmm, well I'm a little upset about how we can't go to the carnival to see any cute guys so how about the beach?"

I sat up in my seat and put my hands in the air. "Yeah buddy!"

We hurried up and drove to each of our houses so we could change. I had my 'itsy bitsy tenny wenny yellow polka dot bikini, and I wore it for the first time today'. Haha no, but I was wearing a yellow polka dotted bikini top with yellow swim shorts from Aeropostale.

Luke had himself a pair of light blue swim trunks with orange and yellow stripes on part of the legs. And from Abercrombie of course. That is his store. Well anyways once we got changed he hopped back into his jeep, and started the half hour drive to the beach.

Alright, so to some people, going to the beach just to watch guys play volleyball is weird. But for us, it's totally normal. We get to see them, and tan a little too! And the best part is, they never suspect anything! It's great.

We got out both of our beach towels and lied them down in the sand, close to a volleyball net. There were like five nets, but we always chose which one to sit by, by which net has the hottest guys. And today, it was the one closest to the water, and the lifeguard stand. Score!

"You ready for a day full of six packs and wet hair?" I asked Luke.

He looked back at me and smirked. "You bet I am!"

"Man, the one is the green is nice."

"Dang right he is."

Yes, we were still watching the guys. What can I say? They're 'mesmorizing'. Plus, the game wasn't over yet. Almost, but not yet. And my team was winning.

I picked the team that the guy in the green was on. I think his name is Daniel. That's what it sounds like when they guys high five him after he makes a serve over. But I don't care about his name. Actually, it's probably 'parking ticket' because has got FINE written all over him. He's like a Hollister model, only more good looking.

Luke started tapping me on the shoulder.

I giggled. "Luke what is it?"

"What is it?!?!!! Green shorts is coming!" And sure enough he was right. Pretty soon the big hunk of hotness was standing right in front of me.

I stood up as Luke watched in awe. "Hey, I'm Daniel." He said running his hand through his sweaty but perfect brown hair. His voice was smooth like chocolate.

"Katie. Can I help you?" I know, I sound rude, but this is how I roll, you gotta play hard to get.

"Ya actually, well umm I just saw you over here looking all gorgeous and I'm pretty attracted to you. So I was wondering if you wanted to hang? Maybe play a game with us."

I smirked. The perks of being 'pretty'.

"Umm I can't right now but how about we trade numbers and I'll call you later."

"That," He paused. "Would be great." We traded numbers and he walked off looking back at me. I winked as I bent over to grab my things.

"C'mon hot stuff let's get going." I said to Luke pulling him up. He rolled his eyes playfully and got up as we went to his car and made our way back.

After lots of singing and dancing and almost wrecking the car, we finally pulled up to my house. I got out of the jeep, thanking him.

"No problem sweet cheeks, stay Gucci!" He blew me a kiss and drove off. I rolled my eyes. That boy...

I went inside. Lynne was already there. Oh God.

"Katie oh my God thank the Lord your ok! You didn't answer your phone!"

I rolled my eyes. "That's because I didn't bring it with me. I left it in the bathroom." I remember leaving it there when I put on sunscreen for the beach.

"Oh ok well it's alright I guess. But where were you? A hot date?"

"Ya, with Luke." I said sarcastically.

"Oh well that doesn't count. Don't worry Kates you'll find love someday." We made our way towards the couch.

"Oh ya I got a really got dudes number!"

"Oh my God really!" We were jumping up and down on the couch. "Well are you gonna call him or what?" She yelled.

I stopped jumping. "Well of course not!"

"Well why not?!?!!!"

"Because, I have to make him think that I'm not thinking about him, and if he calls me then I know he cares."

"Oh!" She said nodding her head. "Good idea"

"Pfft all my ideas are good."

"Ya right, I'm hungry wanna order Chinese?"

"Oh my god yes!!!" I said dramatically. She shook her head laughing and went into the other room to order it.