Chapter Twenty-Seven

H A R R Y ' S P O V

I couldn't help but smile. Katie was here. With me. On my boat.

I think she likes me. I can see her checking me out from the corner of me eye, and I'm loving every second of it.

She looked so beautiful in my 'Ramones' t-shirt and an old pair of Gemma's jean shorts that Katie changed into at my place.

Her hair was in a tight ponytail when I picked her up, but now it was coming out and honestly, I think it looks better than it did before.

I'm really falling for her. I want to ask her out.

I want her to be mine. And I want everyone to know it.

I want to be able to tell her everything and kiss her whenever I want.

That's it, I'm going to as her to be my girlfriend.

Today.

Maybe I'll ask her when we're in the car. Or should I do it here on the boat? Maybe-

"There's only one thing, to do, three words, four you. I love, I love you."

Katie's phone was ringing. What kinda ringtone is that? Must be for her best friend?

The same annoying ringtone kept going off. Why won't she pick it up? I looked at her questionably.

Finally she pulled her phone out of her pocket and looked at it.

"Excuse me for a sec." She said as she made her way towards the back of the boat, sitting down with her legs crossed.

I tried not to eavesdrop but, it's kinda hard when she's not that far away, and I'm curious.

I can't really make out what she's saying. Only some of it.

"I know," "I'm sorry," "Love you," "Working," "Baby," "Making this harder,"

Then their was crying.

I want to go back and comfort her, tell her it's all ok. But I don't want her to know I was listening to her.

About five minutes later, she came back, cheeks still wet.

"Katie darling, what's wrong?" She sniffled.

God, this is the second time I've heard her cry and I absolutely hate it.

She looked up and burst into tears again. I put the boat in stop mode and walked over to her.

I grabbed her hand and guided her over to the passenger seat, sitting down and putting her on my lap. I wrapped my arms around her, her back was to me. I rested my head on her shoulder.

"Cmon love, Katie please don't cry." She lifted her head up and shifted so she was facing me. I was still holding onto her.

Her cheeks were covered in tears. I took my shirt off with one hand, holding her with the other, than have her the shirt.

"Here, use this."

She then uses my plain black t-shirt to wipe off her face, and handed it back to me. It was wet.

She giggled. "Sorry." She said while wiping her eyes.

"No, no, it's fine, I'll just leave it out to dry." I said while throwing it into the other seat.

"So, you wanna tell me what that was all about?" She looked at me, her eyes full of sadness.

"I just broke up with my boyfriend."

Boyfriend? She never said anything about a boyfriend? Are you kidding me? She totally led me on! Hell I was going to ask her to be my girlfriend!

I wanted to be mad at her. I wanted to tell her that her not telling me was wrong and then take her back home and not speak for a few days.

But I couldn't. Just because I'm upset doesn't mean that I don't have feelings for her anymore! And she'll never like me back if I'm not here for her through all this!

She started crying again, resting ER head on my now bare chest. I just sat there, stroking her hair and telling her that everything was going to be ok.

After about ten minutes she pulled her head up, and looked at me.

"Katie?" I asked quietly. "Why did you break up with him?"

She smiled at me softly. "Because I can't be with you and him at the same time."

(A/N- Updateee! Lol this is my second one today because I felt bad because the past few have been kinda crappy

Lol love you guys!

Don't forget to vote!

Audrey

xx