Battlefield

Title: Battlefield
Genre: Genderbender, Romance, Fluff
Character: Taeyeon & Tiffany
Author: chocomint89

"Promise you'll wait for me when I came back here? Right at this spot?" The young newbie soldier asked his girlfriend when he put down his heavy luggage to join the army for two years. The woman infront of him nodded while holding her tears back, she hugged him tightly as she can when her lover decided to pulled away and kisses her forehead before he carried his luggage with him leaving his lover.

Few days passed, the woman received a letter from the army telling her that the young soldier have been lost and hisbody couldn't find at the field operation during the war between South Koreans and Afghanistans. Tiffany fell in despair after reading the letter that she almost lost her sanity, she waited for weeks turned into months and years and gave up her hopes that her former lover would never comeback alive on her arms again, the family and relatives prepared a simple funeral without his body because they also loses hope that Taeyeon was alive and accepted the unfateful reality. After a year, all of them had moved on with their lives and Tiffany who was working at the same company with her new found lover, Kwon Yuri, the owner as well. She decided to walk her way home and found herself staring to nowhere before looking above the sky full of stars, soon her tears tracing her now messy cheeks due to her mascara. Heavy steps one at a time, she was already two blocks away from their shared apartment still living with his painful memories and after she opened her empty place tossing her keys somewhere and slumping her tired body into the soft couch. All of her past memories with him now haunting her thoughts again, the first kiss, first date and first time in bed were still fresh and forever etched into the back of her mind, heart and soul that she hardly couldn't escape even she knows that she will be getting married next month with her fiancé, closing her eyes was the best option for now letting her take away by drowsiness.

Month after Tiffany's wedding, she oftenly dream about the place where Taeyeon promise to meet again after his military enlistment and it bothers her alot so she decided to driver her way towards the old place located at Jeollado province their hometown. After two and a half hours travelling she almost reached the spot passing trees and mountains that still looks the same after so many years she haven't there for a visit, slowly she dragged her feet not forgetting to parked her Silver Audi R8 at the safe place, turning off the engine and climbed off, she felt her heart racing and her hands sweating just like her face covered with thick beads of sweat, she wondered why. The old trees that rooted there for so many years, she searched for something at the body of the trees, her lips curved upwards when she saw what she was searching for, her name with Taeyeon still engraved beautifully at the middle, she traced it by her fingers and she was caught on her own world until a voice snapped her out that draw her attention to looked at the unexpected stranger.

"Are you a regular visitor here?" The simple words came out perfectly from the stranger's mouth that asking her with respect. She looked at him before her eyes widen together with her most shocked face, covering her mouth not letting the tears embarrassed her infront of now standing Taeyeon not too far from her. He looks oblivious and wondered by her actions, he scratched the back of non-itchy nape before he asked the same question again, he tried to reach her but Tiffany was too scared that the person she was seeing right now wasn't true and created by her hallucinations.