-12-

Dan sat alone in the first small booth, on his phone. Phil was 10 minutes late so far.

Phil was probably ditching him. He knew it. And he usually wouldn't care, he's used to it, but for some reason Dan was more sad, it was like being ditched for the first time all over again. He looked up at the door for the 50th time in the past 5 minutes and when he didn't see Phil, once again he frowned and looked back down to his phone.

"Five more minutes..." Dan vowed himself to leave if he waited that much longer.

The little bell above the door rang but rather than checking to see if it was Phil he just ignored it, continued scrolling tumblr, and accepted the fact that Phil wouldn't show.

But maybe if he had checked it would have been more polite.

Scrolling past yet another Supernatural gif, Dan felt vibration under his feet, and the screeching of a chair being dragged across a floor right in front of him.

He looked up to see the blue eyed boy he'd been weeping over.

"Hey," Phil greeted, causing Dan to look up, a bit startled. "sorry I'm late, my shower took a bit longer than expected" He laughed awkwardly.

"Oh that's okay, I have things to do while I wait." Dan smiled up at the older man reassuringly.

"Shall we order?" Phil asked

"We shall."

- - - - -

Dan watched as the beautiful man before him sipped on his caramel frappé, admiring his beauty.

Why is he thinking this way? He shrugged it off and broke the silence.

"So how has your day been?" He said after swallowing a bit of his caramel macchiato. Phil just shrugged.

"Pretty good." He smiled. Dan could tell that smile wasn't genuine, and he knew because every day he'd practice smiling in the mirror to make sure it's convincing, Phil's was, but Dan could see right through it. He wanted to know everything. What could be bothering a kind soul like Phil's, and how could Dan help. However out of respect he went along with it.

"That's good..." Dan said awkwardly.

"Yeah.. How about you?"

"Good." Dan told him.

"I have to go shopping with Peyton later so that should be fun.."

"You think shopping with your girlfriend is fun?" Dan asked.

"I mean, yeah it gives us time to be together."

Unneeded time to be together

Unwanted time to be together

- - - - -

Dan's face fell flat.

"Really?"

"What?" Phil asked through his laughter.

"Your mum jokes are so lame." Dan said. "Please leave Phil Lester, the door is over there." Dan joked, pointing to the door.

"Your mum's a door." Phil stated.

"You're an idiot."

"Your mum's an idiot."

"That was just rude." Dan said.

"Your mum jokes are still the best, Dan, you just have to embrace it." Phil said. Dan smiled slightly before saying,

"Oh I'll embrace your mum if you know what I mean." Dan winked.

Phil started cracking up but was interrupted by his phone vibrating in his pocket. Phil pulled it from his pocket and looked down at the illuminated screen.

Peyton: were leaving in 30mins!!! where r u?!?!?!?! i swear 2 god if ur not here in 10mins....

Phil frowned. Peyton never said he had to be home at a certain time, he'd just thought that as soon as he got home they would leave but that wasn't the case apparently.

"Uhh." Phil trailed off. "I'm sorry, I have to go... I'm um, late home so Pey and I can go to the mall.."

"Oh uh, okay that's alright. Thanks for hanging out with me."

Phil nodded frantically.

"You too... Erm bye Dan."

"Bye Phil..." Dan mumbled, but Phil was already out the door and off to his girlfriend.

---

wowza! sorry i haven't updated in a while, I've been back from vacation about three weeks now, and i've even started school, and i'm sorry, i've just been procrastinating a lot. lmao anyways funfunfunfunfunfunfun

hope you enjoyed!

-lae <3

QOTD: What's your favorite food?

AOTD: Tortellini, Ravioli, or Pizza